• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Joe88

Mildly Menacing Medic
I frequent the Goldrush LA server, for the last 5 days or so I have been unable to earn any AP. I had about 4400 or so AP and have already lost over 1000 AP losing some benefits. I play a few hours ever day on the server and would earn AP fine.

I asked other server regulars about their AP and they reported the same problem that their AP has been dropping fast and they arnt earning any.
Even when I played when the server was full of bots I earned no AP.

Did something change?

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I frequent the Goldrush LA server, for the last 5 days or so I have been unable to earn any AP. I had about 4400 or so AP and have already lost over 1000 AP losing some benefits. I play a few hours ever day on the server and would earn AP fine.

I asked other server regulars about their AP and they reported the same problem that their AP has been dropping fast and they arnt earning any.
Even when I played when the server was full of bots I earned no AP.

Did something change?

I've reported this to @Bottiger - apparently nothing has changed with AP.
Not sure what is happening here...

Whip_Cactus

Truly Feared Pyro
I took a week off tf2, and understandably my ap dropped, but now I've been earning way less as well, while playing the same amount.

Saraya

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
I've reported this to @Bottiger - apparently nothing has changed with AP.
Not sure what is happening here...
actually been meaning to make a thread about this one or two weeks ago. I only play on skial servers so earning AP should be no problem but from once having over 6000+ ap points i have dropped to 4000 ap in recent times. ive havent played tf2 in 2 days now but surely 2 days doesnt make one lose 2000 points. ive been losing ap points for quite some time now.

Bottiger

Administrator
You can check your AP increasing on the server by refreshing this page.

https://www.skial.com/api/activity.php?id=76561197990686630

I have taken a look at a few players while they were playing and it was going up just fine. You just need to be aware of these things.
  • We had a bonus AP event running a few weeks ago and we didn't have one for couple weeks. There's another one running right now.
  • You don't get AP on custom servers like Saxton Hale. There's no way to detect if someone is just barely playing and clogging up slots just to get AP.
  • There are fewer players seeding the servers. You get most of your AP by seeding a server. You will see in the server chat when you get AP for seeding.

Update

I have taken a closer look and it seems like the play time AP was not updating. The other sources such as botkills were working. I have pushed out a fix and hopefully it will work now.

Last edited:
Reactions: RMSniper