Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1 Unless they already are, I think random crits should be turned off and bullet spread turned off by default.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Isn't there a votemenu option for this? For both crits and spread

Or did that get removed

Bubblefist

Mildly Menacing Medic
Isn't there a votemenu option for this? For both crits and spread

Or did that get removed
Yes there is a vote for both at the same time but you can't vote them seperately. Random crits are always up to debate whether they're "balanced" or not but lets be honest about no spread; it makes shotguns much more fun to play.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Either way, it could save two votes after a server reboot, etc.
Yes there is a vote for both at the same time but you can't vote them seperately. Random crits are always up to debate whether they're "balanced" or not but lets be honest about no spread; it makes shotguns much more fun to play.

The reason why its a votemenu option is so the server can vote if they want it on or not. It's the same cocnept as all talk. Some people like it, some don't. Best to let the server decide through the votemenu, at least in my opinion anyway

If the problem is both crits and nospread being combined into one we could see if Bottiger could split the two up

But if you want no spread on 24/7 then I dunno how that would go over with the rest of the players

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
The reason why its a votemenu option is so the server can vote if they want it on or not. It's the same cocnept as all talk. Some people like it, some don't. Best to let the server decide through the votemenu, at least in my opinion anyway

If the problem is both crits and nospread being combined into one we could see if Bottiger could split the two up

But if you want no spread on 24/7 then I dunno how that would go over with the rest of the players
I'm definitely just talking about defaults. Voting is still necessary in my opinion.

Slip

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
+1 I believe enabling this will bring competitive users to play on skial more frequently.

Fragancia

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Mapper
The configurable variable the OP is suggesting to enable does not exactly eliminate spread, it only removes random pellet distribution of the weapons that fire multiple pellets per shot to a fixed pattern, i.e shotguns to make the spread consistent everytime, Valve's own competitive mode uses this.

I suggested this in this thread https://www.skial.com/threads/vsh-a...-fixed-spread-for-shotguns-suggestions.72754/ for the VSH servers but never got any real response about it.
I believe enabling this cvar(configurable variable for short) would be a good addition, giving more incentive to players to use shotguns if they have the option to do so.
I encourage you to try it yourself for a better understanding of what the cvar does before making up your minds, you can do this by bringing up the console and inputting these commands.

Code:
map cp_gorge
sv_cheats 1
tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads 1

Pictures on how the spread looks with the cvar enabled
3TcfdQ7.jpg

Jb9duKy.jpg

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
I am hesitant to do this because a lot of people here thought no one would mind no-crit, but it turns out that people actually blacklist no-crit servers. I would imagine there would be the same issue with no spread.

Reactions: RMSniper

Fragancia

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Mapper
I am hesitant to do this because a lot of people here thought no one would mind no-crit, but it turns out that people actually blacklist no-crit servers. I would imagine there would be the same issue with no spread.

You are in the clear to try out tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads for a period to see the response, it does not change the server tags when enabled/disabled like tf_damage_disablespread or tf_weapon_criticals would do, my post above explains the cvar in slightly more detail.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

What about splitting up the no crit / no bullet spread into two different votemenu options?

Bubblefist

Mildly Menacing Medic
Because many people, including myself(even I don't like it though) recognize crits as a part of the game and the current weapon balancing(some weapons have no crit for a reason I guess). I can't imagine how the fixed weapon spread could negatively impact the gameplay in any way.