Sexy Heisenberg

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
This is a weird one for me. I know a lot of people have had this problem where Source games will find no servers, but I seem to have a unique situation. It works fine when I first start up the game. But if I wait a few minutes at the main menu (browsing servers, crafting, going through items, etc.) and try to join a game or refresh the server, it will give me the "Server not responding" or "No internet games responded to the query" thing. But if I wait a couple more minutes, it goes back to normal and I can join games and refresh servers again. As far as I know, this happens in all games that have the same type of TF2/Counter Strike server browser thing. Any idea how to fix this?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Did you try turning off your firewall as well as any antivirus to see if that fixes the problem?

Sexy Heisenberg

I think I might have tried that in the past, but I can try it. Though I think it still happened when I had a completely different virus protection, it's been happening for around two years.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I think I might have tried that in the past, but I can try it. Though I think it still happened when I had a completely different virus protection, it's been happening for around two years.

Try it again with your antivirus and firewall turned off. Also try checking your search filters. If that doesn't work I suggest you try asking steam's official forums, you're more likely to get a response there.

Other then that I'm out of ideas. Some people have this problem due to router settings but I don't know much about that.

In the mean time you could try using steam's other server browser which has normally been known to bypass this problem. You can get to it by opening steam's user interface, click on 'view' then click on 'servers'

Sexy Heisenberg

I might try that. It really only becomes an issue if I sit at the main menu for too long, which is what makes it such a strange nuisance of an issue.