PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't watch hockey really, but I'd say the Chicago Blackhawks
Dude,
First of all, Chicago got knocked off in the first round of playoffs.
Secondly, Kings already won.
Finally what does "I'd say the Chicago Blackhawks" mean at all? This thread was about playoffs, not about favorite teams...

Mikhail_Grabovski

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I still can't understand why do keep bringing AHL to the thread called "NHL playoffs"...

Did your posts on the World Championships have anything to do with the NHL playoffs? Nope.
Who cares? Any hockey is good. An interesting highlight from a US collegiate league would still be interesting.

D

DeadHerald

I still can't understand why do keep bringing AHL to the thread called "NHL playoffs"...

I don't think it's a problem. People in this thread are more likely to know what he's talking about then most elsewhere.

Mikhail_Grabovski

Yes, they did since I was trying to explain Giildy why I cared about teams with Russian players in them :D

I was referring to your post "Holy cow... Canada got defeated by Slovakia (!!!!) in quarter finals. Russia is playing against the current champion Finland in semi-final (sucks - I'd rather see it in the Final)."

Which is a straight update on the WCs and has nothing to do with the NHL playoffs. Which is cool, as I said, because ANY hockey is good.
Basically my point is don't get hung up on non-NHL stuff because this is effectively a general hockey thread.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I was referring to your post "Holy cow... Canada got defeated by Slovakia (!!!!) in quarter finals. Russia is playing against the current champion Finland in semi-final (sucks - I'd rather see it in the Final)."
Well, WC took place during NHL playoffs thus a lot of NHL players had to join their national teams which had its impact on NHL playoffs.

But overall you are right. Plus, Herald's point makes sense too.

I just consider AHL to be be a "lower" level - that's why I'm not interested in it at all. For instance, those who like football (or soccer as you call it) will definitely follow events in Spanish Primera, but will less likely pay attention to Segunda Division.

Mikhail_Grabovski

I just consider AHL to be be a "lower" level - that's why I'm not interested in it at all. For instance, those who like football (or soccer as you call it) will definitely follow events in Spanish Primera, but will less likely pay attention to Segunda Division.

This is a fair analogy. The difference with the AHL is that their membership are all affiliated with NHL teams, unlike soccer teams in different divisions (save for 'Youth Squads'). Many AHLers today will find themselves on NHL rosters next season.

For example: Last year the Ottawa Senators missed the playoffs and looked like they were going nowhere. Then their AHL team (Binghamton Senators) went on a run and won the championship. Several of those young AHL players then made the Ottawa team this past season, and they came out of nowhere to secure a playoff spot. It's no coincidence.