Node

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
compare.png

troll_small.png

I've noticed the troll reaction has returned. When compared with the new designs for the emotes though it looks a bit out of place. I made a new one that is a little closer in design to the new ones.

Colours and things can be changed too if people think it needs changing

Node

I'm working in the 32x32 size the dumb reaction was using. I could render it out in a larger size

Node

My work flow is making a path for the shape and then colouring it.

Which part is looking pixelated? It might be an artifact of scaling it down to 32x32

• Troll
Reactions: Italian Doctor

Bottiger

Administrator
This is what I mean. I think you might have drawn this icon pixel by pixel, which means it doesn't blend neighboring colors, making it look pixelated. I don't know if you'd be willing to redraw it without exact 1x1 pixels with 0 blending. It might look better than using digital manipulation like I just did.

Your pixelated version.

troll_small_v2-png.166

My smoothed version.

smooth.png

It would also be nice to have some shadows instead of just a flat green color on the face.

• Love
Reactions: Seminal Inhalation

Node

I see what you mean more. More transitions between the darker parts vs the light. I made the edges sharp to emulate the current reactions harsher lines. This was the original file I made before scaling it waaaaay down to 32x32. As you can see it has a lot of clean shapes.

troll_large.png

I then added a slight paint over to add some rim lights

troll_small_v3.png

Reshaded the face so it had much more shading

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
It doesn't need pupils but the red circles just doesn't look good to me. Maybe it needs some shading or gradient.

Also you can make this in 64x64.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
It doesn't look blurry to me.

Also would it be possible to lighten the right side of the face? It looks too dark at lower resolutions. Maybe make the mouth bigger too.

I wish I could make the reactions list bigger but it seems very difficult to do.

Node

troll_64_head_rightlighting.png

Reshaded the right side so its not as dark. I'll look into making the mouth bigger after work.

As for the reaction list, do you mean the list of reactions that have been applied to a post? If you're able to modify the CSS it might be possible to make them larger.

Last edited: