• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

kiwieee

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Mapper
Heya all. I'm the creator of trade_aperture_v6, the map currently being used on trade EU, and I was wondering if there was anything you guys would like in a replacement I'm working on?
I'm aiming to have something similar to the old trade_portal_v4 map, with the large middle area and the areas off to the side.
Also putting together a small basement area that will probably include the boxing ring.
I've got a size limit here as botty doesn't like maps that are too large

So, what would you guys like? Secrets? Random toys? Map events?
I'm all ears.

Last edited:

n3k();

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Hey, nice to see this post !
I love the new map you're working on ! It's very complicated but it's neat :-)

I liked the addition of pumpkin bombs but they should respawn.
I like secrets a lot.
I would love if there were some speed boost, jump pads, surf ramps, or something like this. Some
It would be cool if the central high platform would have less crates, so we could flex here with our taunts. I would like to have a place in the middle where we can see a lot of the map ( not a "safe zone" ).
It would also be cool to have a place where we could build a very well defended sentry nest. I found no place where we can do that on this map. The central place, that is hidden behind walls, over the spawns seems to be a perfect candidate, but it's a bit too open.

The safe zone is far too small in my opinion ( I don't like the safe zone mode because it's bugged ). Also, the point of a safe zone is to flex with cosmetics, so it seems a bit too dark for me. The very best thing would be the safe zone to be in the skybox of the map, so, when you are in the safe zone, you can't fight, but you're not hidden. ( but I realize now the map has no skybox :D )

In any way, very good map. I really hope this map will stay for months !
Don't hesitate to add me if you want to talk about it ;-)

n3k();

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
( I mean... I suppose you're talking about the map they added last week on trade EU, as it has been updated right under my eyes )

n3k();

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I don't think so.
The map has been revised 2 days ago.
No one could see the map before, so I may be one of the first player to give feedbacks.

Stelio Kontos69

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
I think taking some elements from the large Minecraft Trade maps of old would be a grand idea, sometimes back in the day, the trade servers had the best maps to play on believe it or not, try a map with a gimic, a hook, pleasing to the eye.