Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Is it possible to have a seperator between pinned and loose threads, they tend to just blend into one.
Can the main page layout be more than just one column? it's just plain dull like this. I understand you will probably be working on images for the titles, which may spruce the look up a bit, but yeah.. nothing pops anymore.
Possible to make the alerts open on hover, rather than needing to click?
The navigation tabs on the headers are very boxey and remind me of windows 95.
What's the little cog for in the bottom right, looks like it's for settings, but is lifeless.
Terms and rules link doesn't work.
RSS feed - really?
Aside from the above, everything is more or less as before. Just noticed the image showing in the chat box, that's a nice addition (can't wait for it to be abused and withdrawn)

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
There is definitely some kinks needing to be ironed out, certain they will be in time.

The default skin is bland, and some new skins will be coming in sooner or later

Just noticed the image showing in the chat box, that's a nice addition (can't wait for it to be abused and withdrawn)
Yup, degenerates can't let us have nice things

Reactions: Trillium

Bottiger

Administrator
Terms and rules work for me.

Try clearing your browser cache, xenforo used some permanent redirects that get cached by the browser to a broken URL.

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Most of your issues will be resolved when Bottiger can decide on a forum theme to use. The problem is, he wants a unique one to stand out and tailored to skial/tf2, which I completely understand. The forum themes that xenforo has on the marketplace are very generic but no one with forum admin has the time to tailor them.

The forums are ugly, but they were before, so it's no loss and for once, I'm with Bottiger that it has to be done right, I wouldn't want to buy any old theme just to get one properly developed.

The little cog downstairs is just an icon with a tooltip :). Not a button

Reactions: KinCryos

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Most of your issues will be resolved when Bottiger can decide on a forum theme to use. The problem is, he wants a unique one to stand out and tailored to skial/tf2, which I completely understand. The forum themes that xenforo has on the marketplace are very generic but no one with forum admin has the time to tailor them.

The forums are ugly, but they were before, so it's no loss and for once, I'm with Bottiger that it has to be done right, I wouldn't want to buy any old theme just to get one properly developed.

The little cog downstairs is just an icon with a tooltip :). Not a button
This theme is fine, it's the adjusments within the theme that I'm talking about. Some things may be an option, others may need some code editing. I've worked with other forums before, but not with Xenfero, I imagine it's pretty similiar to phpbb. A theme basicaly puts a skin on, it doesn't normaly change a function. I would guess a good few people prefer a dark theme, and setting that up shouldn't be too hard, it's just playing around with colours to get everything matching in.

Other things like the media links on the bottom left need looking at, I mean.. Pintrest?

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
This theme is fine, it's the adjusments within the theme that I'm talking about. Some things may be an option, others may need some code editing. I've worked with other forums before, but not with Xenfero, I imagine it's pretty similiar to phpbb. A theme basicaly puts a skin on, it doesn't normaly change a function. I would guess a good few people prefer a dark theme, and setting that up shouldn't be too hard, it's just playing around with colours to get everything matching in.

Other things like the media links on the bottom left need looking at, I mean.. Pintrest?
I completely agree. Xenforo themes do however work differently to other boards. Most themes that aren't basic re-skins (as bottiger doesn't want that is the gist I get from him) do indeed change the behaviour of forums. That is actually a good thing, though, or each one would look the same but different colours.

Yes, the buttons need removing lol.