Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I won't go into specifics on how this bug works, and anybody who posts instructions on how to perform this dupe will have their posts deleted, and possibly banned.

There is a new dupe bug that allows users to create nearly unlimited amounts of any item they want. There are already tons of duped unusuals and buds floating around.

Valve is aware of this bug. I'm not sure if it's been patched yet, but Valve has already started trade-locking accounts (basically a silent trade ban; no notice shows up in your profile if you're trade-locked, as opposed to trade-banned/probation) involved in this dupe scheme. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS.

Be on the lookout for these duped items. Right now, all I can say is that the duped items are all gifted. So if you're buying an unusual or buds or other items that say "Gifted by XXXXX", do not buy them without investigating the seller thoroughly. There's pretty much no reason anybody would giftwrap earbuds or an unusual (since these are easily traded, anyway), so if somebody's trying to sell you a gifted item, think twice about the purchase, as there's a possibility that Valve may delete the items.