Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So, maybe I shouldn't get the 660 ti like you said before? just get the 660?
I don't think I commented on the 660ti in the PM, but if you want to spend the money on the ti go for it. You can get a pretty good overclock out of it, boost performance to be similar to a 670 with stock clocks.

Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I don't think I commented on the 660ti in the PM, but if you want to spend the money on the ti go for it. You can get a pretty good overclock out of it, boost performance to be similar to a 670 with stock clocks.
Oh, I never overclock, ever, nothing. I don't enjoy the risk. So would a 660 be a better choice? or which is cheaper?

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So in comparison, I'm better off paying that extra 200 bucks.

But since I still need to get my parents on this too (since they'll be paying for some parts because it's for school as well) I might have to shrink on the dosh.

I remember smokey having a decent build for half the price ;
stFQt.png
Can't I just add a quadcore and 8gigs on that ? :')
*third of your budget

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Oh, I never overclock, ever, nothing. I don't enjoy the risk. So would a 660 be a better choice? or which is cheaper?
I've been running my 470 highly overclocked and overvolted for nearly two years now without issue, but if you don't want to overclock you'd probably be better off with a 660.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
  • Quad-core CPUs (AMD)

You don't want AMD, at all. If you can wait for Intel's newer Haswell processors coming out this year, you'll save a LOT of energy and depending on which games you play, you might not need another graphics card!

Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I've been running my 470 highly overclocked and overvolted for nearly two years now without issue, but if you don't want to overclock you'd probably be better off with a 660.
Dude, thanks a bunch. I lowered my cart price from $975 to $855 : D