ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
My old G9X is finally giving up the ghost. The left click button "releases" itself randomly, the wheel doesn't always respond etc. I'm now looking for a replacement mouse. I will be using this mouse for both TF2 and GW2, so 7+ buttons is my preference.

A quick Google search found me this mouse:
LOGITECH G502 Proteus http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104934
$60 on Newegg rather than $72 on Amazon. It's got 131 reviews on Newegg and has 5/5 rating. 11 mouse buttons, weights, 3 profiles, etc.

It looks like a decent mouse, and it's cheaper than the G9X was when I got it a few years back. What do you think of this mouse? Know of any better ones?

My budget is around $60. I don't want anything Razer, I've heard too many bad things about them.

Last edited:

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor

Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I have had a Logitehc G502 for several months now, and it is a dream. Looks and feels like the day I got it, never needed the weights but the DPI settings and profiles are awesome. I would highly suggest it :)

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I use Dells mouse
DELL4P608.jpg

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
a lot of people who win at video games for a living use one of these three so they can't be too wrong:

razer deathadder (can break)
logitech g400 (can break)
zowie fk (most durable of the three)

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'd recommend the deathadder, I've had mine for almost 4 years now and it's still no need to replace it. It's typically around 30 bucks on Amazon too, which is a bargain for a gaming mouse.

I'm with you on razer products mostly being shitty, that said they actually do make quality mosues, and I strongly recommend giving this one a try - I don't buy headsets or keyboards from them for the reasons you've said though.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Really liking my Naos 7000, I've had it for at least half a year now. It replaced my deathadder.

Great for Palm/Claw grip, good sensor.

ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
omg so many to choose from idk what to get

edit - my local bestbuy has the g502 and g600 both for $50 atm

Last edited:

ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
bestbuy had a lot of mice on display and I liked the g600. gonna try it for a while and if i like it ill keep it, otherwise they said i can return it and get a different one

ty for input

Reactions: Chance