Da_money125

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
So, I listen to a lot of music and for 3 years I've been using Apple's Earbuds. But, I really want to step it up to some real headphones, like one's that go over your ears. These would mostly be used for indoors or on long trips since I would use the Buds for all around use like running.

So far, I've been looking into these http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF00...Z7OA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338854037&sr=8-2
They say they're very comfortable and that the sound quality is good, but I'd like to hear your guys' think or what you'd recommend.

My budget is around 100-150$

Da_money125

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
These are what I have http://www.amazon.com/Gamecom-377-o...XKTC/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1338856773&sr=8-7 Someone here on skial recommended them to me and they are amazing, they are over ear, sound quality is great, has a mic with good quality and is cheap.
I'm looking for Headphones right now, these have an extra cable that I wouldn't need.

I play and even watch tv with headphones, Creative is very good, you can't go wrong with them, but by far the most comfortable I've ever had is http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/xbox-gaming-headsets/ear-force-x12.aspx
By the way comfort >>> sound quality when buying one I think.

The thing is that I'm going on a trip soon and would really rather have a pair of headphones.
Those do look very comfortable and I have been wanting a new 360 headset. I'll probably look into buying one later though.

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
Someone mentioned earlier that they had a great experience with the Sony mdr-v6 for sound quality and durability. I've been rolling with an old pair of Blackberry earbuds for about 4 months now, they're great if you treat them right.

I'm also going to take this opportunity to plug the Logitech G930s again for gaming headsets. They're fucking wireless. You can take a poop with 7.1 surround. Control iTunes with the little buttons on the side. Tell your friends about the experience with the noise-cancelling mic.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
I've been using a pair of Panasonic HTX7s for 3 or 4 years now, not a single problem (they're like 30-40 dollars so probably below what you're looking for)

Good sound quality, good comfort, but most importantly they're big and ugly.
24223.jpg

Brings a tear to my eye every time.

DJ Über Space Whale!

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
i got turtlebeaches and skull crushers, both are great, but i;d say turtles for gamin, crushers for music, though they both work well for both

Stitch/Glue

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
I'm looking for Headphones right now, these have an extra cable that I wouldn't need.
The 2 cables are 1 for sound and 1 for mic, it is a computer/mp3 headset only unless you buy the special turtlebeach cable that lets you hook them up to ps3/xbox/wii

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor

Triple_Ace

Mildly Menacing Medic
I would have to recommend a pair of Sennheiser HD203s found here: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD203-Closed-Back-DJ-Headphones/dp/B003LRN53I
The reason is because despite the deceptively low price tag, these things have amazing sound quality. And that's something that is very rare for me to say, coming from and audiophile like me. No, these won't be able to compete with Sennheiser's or Audiotechinca's, etc. offerings at the $250+ price range, but they do hold their own pretty well when compared to cans at the $100-$150 price range. To be honest, headphones that go up and up in price are really only useful for audiophiles or those looking to make a fashion statement (please don't be one of those people!). There's a leveling off in terms of quality where the average listener would be hard pressed to hear the tonal differences between semi-expensive headphones and professional studio monitoring headphones.

What makes the HD203s so amazing is that they have great balance where nothing is too overly accentuated but each part, bass, mids, and treble/highs, are very well defined. They do have a bit of a darker tone, but darker is better than bright for general listening purposes. As far as comfort goes, I could wear these things for hours and forget they're on. They are very light, adjust well to the head, and have very good padding. And I'm sure many people posting here would enjoy these cans, too, considering that they comfortably recommend Skullcandy and Turtlebeach products (spoiler: These blow Skullcandys and Turtlebeaches out of the water!). But seriously, once you listen to these, you will NOT be able to go back to listening to your Apple earbuds, Skullcandys, or Turtlebeaches without cringing. These, my friend, are the gateway to audiophilia (and all for less than $50 to boot!). Oh, and one last note: NEVER BUY THOSE OVERPRICED BEATS BY DRE CRAP/rant

Shiny Charizard

Legendary Skial King
Personally I'd say anything but a wired Logitech, because they make like the thinnest most commonly breakable wires ever...

joemaster725

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-siberia-v2-usb#reviews

These are the ones i use for gaming. OMG are they comfortable! they never slip, and are light enough that they don't bother my head. Excellent sound quality when playing music! Yeah they are $100 but they are freaking 7.1 surround sound headphones! They also isolate excelently, and the mic is only out when you need it! I would recommend the headphones to anyone who is an audiophile like me!