Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
If you want, I could walk you through OBS. I dunno if Bandicam still has a watermark, but OBS definitely doesn't.

Is OBS of similar quality to Fraps? I record the desktop with OBS currently but record in-game with Fraps.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Is OBS of similar quality to Fraps? I record the desktop with OBS currently but record in-game with Fraps.
OBS is like fraps but totally free and it doesn't have the fps counter in the corner.

I don't know what features fraps has aside from that, so I can't compare it with OBS, but it records 1080p fine and exports it as mp4 if you change the broadcast settings, and that's all I need.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I had to resort to OBS for desktop recording since in Windows 8.1 the "Monitor Aero Desktop" function doesn't work.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
I had to resort to OBS for desktop recording since in Windows 8.1 the "Monitor Aero Desktop" function doesn't work.
Well if you're looking for some footage of OBS working, the mods.skial.com page has a vid I recorded using its monitor capture setting, so it does seamlessly go from desktop to game.