Stitch/Glue

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
After school had finished I got to keep the laptop, but I never got any info or anything for it. I hadn't used it the whole summer because I had my desktop computer, but I will be moving and I'm not going to have my desktop available so I need a new computer and this was the only one I had. Anyway when I go to log in with the info I used the whole schoolyear it says I need to log in with a new domain and that the one I am trying to log in with is offline. I have no experience with this so I need some help.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Are you sure you're supposed to keep it?

You're going to have to use something to retrieve or reset the administrator password for the laptop if they didn't give you any off-network login information.

If you don't know how to do that, you can always just reinstall a new OS on top of the current install.

Stitch/Glue

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
Are you sure you're supposed to keep it?

You're going to have to use something to retrieve or reset the administrator password for the laptop if they didn't give you any off-network login information.

If you don't know how to do that, you can always just reinstall a new OS on top of the current install.
Yea I'm sure I can, they are getting new ones and are changing all they're stuff. And I cant log in, so how can I download a new OS?

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
Offline NT password and registry editor
http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

Guide: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/gr/offlinentpwed.htm

I'm not sure exactly how your login works but this tools allows you to change admin passwords, create accounts etc. From a USB flash stick or a CD on the computer you are trying to access.
The only thing you shouldn't do on it is to promote a regular windows account to a admin account.

Providing the laptop is your own now and not borrowed school property its legal to use this.

Stitch/Glue

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
Dont got the laptop now, had to go to my mother's house for the week. I'll let you guys know when I go back to my dad's and I'll try these