Vanellope von Schweetz

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I just started playing GW2 again and some names I want are taken. Are names account specific meaning only one person on the whole game can have that name or is there a possibility I can use the name on a different world? I don't mind changing world to a new one, my highest character level is only 28. Can anyone help?

ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Character names are global. If someone on 1 server has that name, no one else can use it regardless of what server they play on. This is probably because you can 'guest' other servers and communicate with players on those servers. I'm not sure if this is limited to regions like US/EU or if it's entirely global though.

ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Agreed. It took me forever and a half to come up with a name...

jMCj4M6.gif

Vanellope von Schweetz

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
are these all the working special characters for guildwars? The site helps a lot instead of searching through character map and most in there don't work.

ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I only tested and used a few of them. Not all of them work, you'll have to go with trial and error. Also, it's possible they've blocked out some more of these characters since I made my character over a year ago.

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
A few TS regulars starting playing GW2 after the Mothers Day sale, we have a tiny little guild on the server Anvil Rock. We are doing mostly pve right now with a tiny bit of WvW. Our highest level is 74, lowest is 9...so everyone has a place to fit in lol. my ingame is rhidre.7129

ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
yall should've picked Fort Aspenwood, WvW is more fun here
5OKptOH.gif

in any case I can still run dungeons with yall since you can PvE across servers. my IGN is ozzeh.7398