popcron

Uncharitable Spy
I wasnt sure in what cat to put this in. So i thought this would be the most appropriate.

Anyways, ive starting early work on this game, have only put 2 days of work into it. Give it a shot, lets see how high your highscore can go.

No download required as its a webgl game(most browsers support it). Have fun.
Screenshots and more info are in the link. Enjoy.

Reactions: Blade D_Hero

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
that's really cool

do you have a history of making video games before?

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
thank you! and yes. also i just realized its a bit too hard.
it looks really awesome though

i first clicked the link with the preconception that it was going to be a super simple game with graphics made on ms paint

LordWalnut

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I wasnt sure in what cat to put this in. So i thought this would be the most appropriate.

Anyways, ive starting early work on this game, have only put 2 days of work into it. Give it a shot, lets see how high your highscore can go.

No download required as its a webgl game(most browsers support it). Have fun.
Screenshots and more info are in the link. Enjoy.

I would like to say... I think this game is very good, for only two days it's amazing!

You should continue this idea!

Thanks,

Walnut

LordWalnut

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
heres some screenshots cause it doesnt show on the site.
PNOsZtD.png

jhjvlBV.png

W8QNwEf.png

It does show, I was just playing it

popcron

Uncharitable Spy
Just an update, incase anyone still interested.

A single music track is in, M to toggle it.

Added weather and time variation. Optimized a couple of things here and there. Some more effects here and there (such as walls breaking and pickups).
Progression system is in, an enemy drops 2 yellow gems. These will level you up, and everytime you do, a free upgrade of choice is given (sometimes you can level up twice and get 2 upgrades in one go).
These upgrades are chosen between the level switching.

Spawns are more friendlier : )

You can also go fullscreen with V. And you can check your upgrades with E.

These are the current upgrades :
  • Happy Feet = Move faster
  • Bigger Magnet = Biggest attraction range for pickups
  • More Energy = Increases total energy capacity
  • More Health = Increases total health capacity
  • Energy Boost = Faster energy regen
  • Health Boost = Faster health regen
  • Trigger Fingers = Faster fire rate
  • Laser Vision = Bigger view distance and a laser pointer
  • Healthy Energy = Energy has 50 chance to convert 30% of damage dealt into health
  • Overclock = 35% More damage per projectile
  • Bigger Pickups = Pickups give more
  • Bigger Bombs = Increased bomb size and radius
  • Duplicator = Shoots double the amount or sometimes triple but with more recoil
  • Steady Hands = Increased accuracy
There is currently no art done yet for the icons and the entire ui will be changed most likely. Enjoy and have fun :).
The game is a bit easier so you wont constantly die around 3k points or so.
Oh and heres a vid of the gameplay.

popcron

Uncharitable Spy
Updated again, the game is now more fast paced, 3 different enemy types. A new upgrade, with now totaling to 16 of them. Its called magic bullets which makes your bullets get attracted to a nearby enemy. Some 3d models and nicer spawns.
And because of the enemy type variations the game is more difficult but less linear. Bullets have their own colour and can easily be distinguished from weather particle effects. Some optimization here and there.

If the game seems like its very slow, thats because its a webgl html5 game, so the performance there is no where near of a native compiled build. So heres a download link to an offline windows zip build instead.

Have fun.