Airakah

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Okay so while I was away this weekend my bf decided to mess around with my computer :l apparently he put tf2 on the highest resolution or w/e and it crashed so he unistalled it -_- I just reinstalled it and I can't get it to open...it just keeps going to a black screen and then freezing up :C what do?

WuVyDoVeY

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
go to your steamapps folder in the steam directory, in program files. find your username, inside find team fortress 2/tf/cfg and delete config.cfg and config_arena.cfg

You will need to redo your binds and whatnot if you had any.

If that still doesn't work you can try to run the game with the launch options -w800 which will force your tf2 into 800x600 mode. To get to your launch options go to your Steam library where you start TF2 then you right click TF2, Select properties>set launch options.

PS hope this helps, sorry for the retarded amount of edits.

Bacon Master

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
go to your steamapps folder in the steam directory, in program files. find your username, inside find tf2/tf/cfg and delete config.cfg and config_arena.cfg
I don't know anything about the tf2 files, but you may need to replace them with ones off the interweb. If not, then it should work.
Also, either ask your bf or yell at him. I have no Idea what kind of girl you are, so I can't suggest anything to do to him. though I doubt you would.

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You could maybe find the ini file and change the resolution, I'll look around and see if I can find the file path

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Go to launch options and type in
-w 800 -h 600
That'll start TF2 @ 800x600 resolution. From there, you can change the resolution, exit, and delete the "-w 800..." from the launch options

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
go to your steamapps folder in the steam directory, in program files. find your username, inside find team fortress 2/tf/cfg and delete config.cfg and config_arena.cfg

You will need to redo your binds and whatnot if you had any.

If that still doesn't work you can try to run the game with the launch options -w800 which will force your tf2 into 800x600 mode. To get to your launch options go to your Steam library where you start TF2 then you right click TF2, Select properties>set launch options.

PS hope this helps, sorry for the retarded amount of edits.
Just got here, already being helpful. Neat.

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You could always try to use the verify file integrity by right clicking on the game in your steam library then clicking properties and then going to local file and it will be the third button