• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Toxik

Contributor
Streamers aren't keeping the game alive, the community is.

Right now, the top Twitch streamer playing the game (out of less than 30 people streaming) has a whole 40 viewers, so why should they get to break the rules, especially compared to a non-streamer who actively plays this game every day and is actually keeping the game alive?

Acey Drgn

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
He was sitting in spectator, wasting a slot, and talking damn near non-stop, effectively preventing teams from communicating via voice chat and all of it was streamed.

- Starts at the 1 hour mark, finally gets muted at 1:09:44.
His fucking expression when he finally gets muted lmfao

Reactions: Praetorian

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Per that VOD, looks like Hedo is just upset because he paid actual money for this guy to spam the VC while sitting in spectator. Yikes.
throwing-money-down-the-drain.jpg

His fucking expression when he finally gets muted lmfao

The mute triggered his 'Nam flashbacks

PoomBa

Uncharitable Spy
Streamers aren't keeping the game alive, the community is.

Right now, the top Twitch streamer playing the game (out of less than 30 people streaming) has a whole 40 viewers, so why should they get to break the rules, especially compared to a non-streamer who actively plays this game every day and is actually keeping the game alive?
Get fu.n life Toxic , never se you on any server pi.e s..t like u you on big idiot.

herrshaun

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
This was hilarious. I like to imagine his reaction is how all muted players look after it happens. I would love to submit the report that perma-silences this clown.

Oosik

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
A streamer isn't above the server rules especially when he's a third party to the server.

If he wants to do his shoutcast he should make his own server instead of polluting other servers by taking up a slot and effectively contributing nothing. Especially that every time I see this guy this is all he's doing in Skial.

Already bad enough the server loses players when a team gets stomped; but it's even more detrimental when you're losing and you're consistently down 1 person.

The Cloptologist

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I concur with Oosik's assessment of this situation. Just had a game with this Scootzii streamer. Muting is easy enough to do on TF2. However, with him taking a player slot to sit in spectator, it caused a disparity in the game's balance. One that in my opinion would have been a more balanced game, if the handicapped team had a full 16 players.

Secondly, as someone who used to admin for now defunct TF2 community servers, no one should ever be above the the rules. From the new person joining for the first time to the head admins, everyone who joins, agrees to abide by the rules of the server. The moment those rules are bent for someone, it hurts the credibility and integrity of that community.