Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
look i am not calling you a liar nor am i saying it didn't happen.

What i sam saying is until you provide some solid, legitiment proof, there is nothing we can or will do.

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Its impossible for anyone to witness him attacking you unsless they watched him do it...

i can get a bunch of friends to say you Dos attacked me. That doesn't mean its true.\

so yes, i consider "friends of mine said that this guy said he dos attacked me" as no proof
People watched is ping shoot through the roof, also he bragged about the fact that he could do it and the fact that he did it, afterwards.

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
so me where he bragged about it. i see nothing but him stating he bragged about it.
Thats just the problem, people were concerned enough to gather evidence, but they didn't know how. Juggernaut himself had to be told how to record a demo, and by that time it was to late.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Thats just the problem, people were concerned enough to gather evidence, but they didn't know how. Juggernaut himself had to be told how to record a demo, and by that time it was to late.

Than as i said previously... idk why i have to repeat myself....
You provided us with no proof of this accusation... what do you expect us to do?
Its impossible for anyone to witness him attacking you unsless they watched him do it...

i can get a bunch of friends to say you Dos attacked me. That doesn't mean its true.\

so yes, i consider "friends of mine said that this guy said he dos attacked me" as no proof

If we went off of "this guy said that his friends said that they heard him threaten to dos" and banned him off of that. We open up skial to a bunch of ddos attacks as well. This is something we need to be careful with. If you guys get the evidence needed i will point bottiger to this and see what he wants to do about it. Otherwise... we are not doing anything.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
There is no proof of this from a technical end. Just because you had a slow down some pages didn't load doesn't mean anything. Unless you have open ports or some kind of malicious thing on your computer there is a very unlikely chance that he actually did something. Unless you see a ton of incoming connections into your router, I wouldn't suspect foul play and more likely some 13 year old trying to look bigger than he actually is.

1.) ISPs generally have some detection on their end and would see this as malicious and block it
2.) If you didn't have open ports, your router would just drop the packets incoming
3.) If it's just one guy on his machine, he probably couldn't push that much bandwidth out

Obviously this guy is a hacker in the game as apparent by his TONS of bans (and many attempted appeals). Also, he seems like a dbag in general, but that doesn't mean he DDoS'd you.

FearlessJuggernaut

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
There is no proof of this from a technical end. Just because you had a slow down some pages didn't load doesn't mean anything. Unless you have open ports or some kind of malicious thing on your computer there is a very unlikely chance that he actually did something. Unless you see a ton of incoming connections into your router, I wouldn't suspect foul play and more likely some 13 year old trying to look bigger than he actually is.

1.) ISPs generally have some detection on their end and would see this as malicious and block it
2.) If you didn't have open ports, your router would just drop the packets incoming
3.) If it's just one guy on his machine, he probably couldn't push that much bandwidth out

Obviously this guy is a hacker in the game as apparent by his TONS of bans (and many attempted appeals). Also, he seems like a dbag in general, but that doesn't mean he DDoS'd you.

I understand the perspective. I just think it's extremely interesting that the attacks stopped when he was offline (I searched him in the community and verified he was offline around 1:20am my time). Also, today the attacks did not begin until I logged into the US Trade Server 1. Coincidentally, he was online and in game simultaneously. I understand I lack the necessary technical prowess to give the solid proof at this time, but I am working on it. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that since he has reported another user in the past on this forum, he may very well be aware of this report and will initiate further assaults.

Here is what I have done to try and be more proactive: Uninstalled Comodo Firewall and installed ZoneAlarm. I have been looking around in my router settings for any indication of how I might use the functionality, but this was fruitless (I see it apparently has DOS protection, but I have no idea how to use it), I've also looked into ip hiding programs...but I don't think that's going to help me much now.

I spoke with an agent from my ISP last night who had me clear the dns cache and ip release, ip renew. I'm going to call them back tomorrow during business hours to consult with their professionals.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I understand the perspective. I just think it's extremely interesting that the attacks stopped when he was offline (I searched him in the community and verified he was offline around 1:20am my time). Also, today the attacks did not begin until I logged into the US Trade Server 1. Coincidentally, he was online and in game simultaneously. I understand I lack the necessary technical prowess to give the solid proof at this time, but I am working on it. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that since he has reported another user in the past on this forum, he may very well be aware of this report and will initiate further assaults.

Here is what I have done to try and be more proactive: Uninstalled Comodo Firewall and installed ZoneAlarm. I have been looking around in my router settings for any indication of how I might use the functionality, but this was fruitless (I see it apparently has DOS protection, but I have no idea how to use it), I've also looked into ip hiding programs...but I don't think that's going to help me much now.

I spoke with an agent from my ISP last night who had me clear the dns cache and ip release, ip renew. I'm going to call them back tomorrow during business hours to consult with their professionals.
I doubt this is an issue with a software firewall. Also, that won't help you since it's past your router. It needs to be stopped at the router. While there are random attacks all the time, the ISP MIGHT be able to tell you if it saw a ton of income traffic on your connection if you can't do it from your router. Usually routers have bandwidth logs though, so you might be able to find it yourself. The IPs most likely wouldn't match with his profile since he probably used a VPS or AWS to do the attack (It's cheap and easy)

FearlessJuggernaut

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I'd like to request that this report be closed. I'm not going to be able to gather the necessary information and I no longer care to take the time to try.

To those admins who fought hard to defer assistance: Suck my balls. You're lazy and your character flaws will likely be a pervasive problem throughout your life.

To those of you who thought those admins should have done more or had a more empathic approach: Thank you, genuinely. I wish things worked differently in this world.

I have donated every month for over a year and the lack of solid constitution on behalf of the admins to assist me only reinforced my suspicions that I'm not really part of this community and that I can't count on the support of administrators here to give much assistance in the event of grievances. Therefore, I'll no longer be donating (as I'm sure many will say, "Who cares?" anyway.)

Once again, to you admins who acted stuck up and deferred assistance: Suck my balls. Goodbye.

Reactions: Paul The Goth
Status
Not open for further replies.