Status
Not open for further replies.

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Then 5 people should stop pissing off someone who is threatening to DDOS them...
I can't follow your way of thinking here... If someone is able to DDOS anyone on our servers, we should just tell all the other people to ignore him or do what he asks.
What's next? Items or DDOS?

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I can't follow your way of thinking here... If someone is able to DDOS anyone on our servers, we should just tell all the other people to ignore him or do what he asks.
What's next? Items or DDOS?

I'm saying one person or 5 I don't see how it's our problem.

By the way he just believes him when he says he did it that doesn't mean it actually happened.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Then 5 people should stop pissing off someone who is threatening to DDOS them...
I think if it's a case of people using our services to target others for illegal activity, it should be dealt with, or at least looked into more. granted it's probably damn near impossible to prove.
If it was you that got attacked, I'm sure you would sing a different tune.

By the way he just believes him when he says he did it that doesn't mean it actually happened.
Ok, what if it was all 32 players? and everone that connected, surely you can see the possibility of escalation here?
And that is why I marked it as 'needs evidence'

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I think if it's a case of people using our services to target others for illegal activity, it should be dealt with, or at least looked into more. granted it's probably damn near impossible to prove.
If it was you that got attacked, I'm sure you would sing a different tune.

If I was attacked I would take legal action not blame Skial.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor

No one's denying that there's lack of proof, but it kinda is Skial's problem when fewer people are playing. People will stop coming to a server when they know a DDOSer hangs around there.

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
actually now that I've looked a bit into this I don't think he got ddos because the guy sounds like a complete idiot on youtube and that I can't find any simple way that he might have used to obtain his ip address
I think it might have been just a coincidence that his internet decided to take a crap

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
actually now that I've looked a bit into this I don't think he got ddos because the guy sounds like a complete idiot on youtube and that I can't find any simple way that he might have used to obtain his ip address
I think it might have been just a coincidence that his internet decided to take a crap
We can't use assumptions about a Youtuber's intelligence as proof for the DDOSer not having done it..

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So a guy threatening to DDOS someone and then it subsequently happening right after he said it, is just common coincidence? That is highly unlikely.

FearlessJuggernaut

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
So if I get a DDOS attack while on Yahoo I should expect Yahoo to take action?

This doesn't have anything to do with Skial...

Unfortunately this type of response sends a strong philosophical message to predators that Skial admins will not support members victimized on and through their servers. I'm sorry you feel this way.

I gotta disagree, we should be protecting our players from people like this, It is also Illegal to DDoS. As for comparing to yahoo, you can't do /status when on yahoo to see users.
This has got to be classed as griefing on a grand scale, unfortunately like any other accusation, before any action can be taken, there needs to be proof, all I can establish is Juggernaut saying he was attacked, and no actual evidence.

I concur. I understand that there is a lack of evidence regarding the issue and that is my own fault for having a lack of understanding with respect to screen shots and recording video. I share your convictions that the Skial admins should stand with victimized community members to mitigate injustices. I don't believe the Skial admins can do anything about the DDOS assault that occurred against me, but I do believe action can be taken to punish the individual by prohibiting their use of the servers for engaging in the illegal and unscrupulous conduct.

It's not our job to police this, it doesn't involve our services in any way and it's impossible for us to actually do anything about. What does status have anything to do with it?

It's about standing with community members. I donate to support the servers and the community because I feel part of this community. I perceived one of the central tenants of being part of this community was for the security of knowing the other community members and admins would stand with me if I were to be victimized. However, it seems that a few of the admins are choosing to be palsied and hesitant to offer sound reprisal. For that I am very disappointed.

Even if this were possible, which it's not, but let's just say it is... That would mean that anyone could get any other players IP any time they connect to a server. And if that were the case it would be an assumed risk you take when you play the game. As there are several risks you take when you use the internet in general.

But let's just assume that's possible. That means it could happen on any server and would still not be our responsibility or have anything to do with us. I would suggest not saying or doing anything that makes people want to DDOS you in the first place.

So because a female wears skimpy clothing she therefore deserves to have been raped? I'm sorry, but I don't share your convictions that blaming the victim is a fair conclusion.

I attempted to apologize to the individual and rectify the situation to avoid further conflict. He simply started voice chatting that I was attempting to scam him out of buds and initiated another attack.

There were witnesses to what occurred. If you'd like to continue assuming the position to my contrary, I cannot fault you.

My Comcast has never gone out in that manner before. I'm not the most tech savvy individual on this community, but I'm also not a novice to what is normal with respect to this type of technology.

Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
a lot of words
Trust me, Bro. If I were admin, I would have IP banned the guy already. But I'm not, but I do completely agree with you. You donate too, probably monthly too, and because of that, the current admins should be trying their hardest to relieve you of the pressure you are currently receiving from the guy messing with your internet.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Trust me, Bro. If I were admin, I would have IP banned the guy already.
And then you would've immidiately lost admin and the ban would've been rectified because there wasn't sufficient proof for that the reported guy actually was responsible.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
seeing how his YouTube account is linked from his Steam profile, and that his TF2 video has clear proof of him using hax, I reported him to Valve. hopefully, he'll be VAC-banned

FearlessJuggernaut

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
You provided us with no proof of this accusation... what do you expect us to do?
Very little evidence and "no proof" is not the same thing. As of right now, I have the circumstantial evidence of a witness to the attack and several people heard his testimony of the issue on Teamspeak. I'll work to acquire more data.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Very little evidence and "no proof" is not the same thing. As of right now, I have the circumstantial evidence of a witness to the attack and several people heard his testimony of the issue on Teamspeak. I'll work to acquire more data.

Its impossible for anyone to witness him attacking you unsless they watched him do it...

i can get a bunch of friends to say you Dos attacked me. That doesn't mean its true.\

so yes, i consider "friends of mine said that this guy said he dos attacked me" as no proof

Status
Not open for further replies.