staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I've been having an issue with my mouse in most of my games. My wired USB mouse has been disconnecting and reconnecting, causing my FPS to drop and the mouse to be unresponsive during this time. Windows does in fact play the disconnecting notification noise during this and it eventually comes back after several seconds.

I really would like to know ways of fixing this. Here's a list of things that I've tried:
Device Manager > USB Root Hub > Power Management thing
Device Manager > Uninstall mouse driver > reboot PC
Update Drivers for mouse > increased game speed, but not reliability of mouse
Tried on another PC > worked

I really don't know what tech info you'd need, but it's a Mionix Naos 3200 and my laptop that I'm using it on is pretty old anyway.

Edit: This seems to also frequently after moving the mouse very quickly across the mouse pad

Last edited:

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Sounds like you have a fault in the wire, most likely at where the cable enters the mouse. (although it could be a break anywhere along the cable it is most common at the cable entry point)
When you move the mouse, it causes the continuity of one of the wires inside the cable to break, making your pc think that the mouse has been disconnected.
Test this theory by holding the mouse off the mat and fiddle with the wire.
Has happened to me on a couple of mice that I have owned. even though you say it works on another pc, I bet after a while it starts happening on this other pc.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Sounds like you have a fault in the wire, most likely at where the cable enters the mouse. (although it could be a break anywhere along the cable it is most common at the cable entry point)
When you move the mouse, it causes the continuity of one of the wires inside the cable to break, making your pc think that the mouse has been disconnected.
Test this theory by holding the mouse off the mat and fiddle with the wire.
Has happened to me on a couple of mice that I have owned. even though you say it works on another pc, I bet after a while it starts happening on this other pc.
shit.

well it's under warranty, and u were right.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
shit.

well it's under warranty, and u were right.
Mice that have the cotton type sheathing round the cable I would think are more durable and less susceptible to this 'common' problem.
Anyhoo, glad it's under warranty, when it's happened to me, my mice (always wonder if that's the correct terminology when referring to the pc version of 'mouse' as a plural, it just doesn't feel right) were old and I had to do repairs myself, so fucking fiddly.