Monsieur Biden

SteamID:
[U:1:124993685]

Time:
25th of April 2015, around 21:10 GMT+1

Servers:
DUSTBOWL+ | EU

Detailed Explanation / Screenshots / Demos:
Monsieur Biden using a spawn exploit on SKIAL DUSTBOWL+ | EU (25th of April 2015, around 21:10 GMT+1).

Monsieur Biden:
http://steamidconverter.com/[U:1:124993685]

Proof (Unlisted YouTube video, recorded with NVIDIA ShadowPlay, please watch in 1080p):

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I am not going to ban for this.

1.)This is clearly in the middle of a round, it is not before the round has started.
2.)All the player has to do is back up away from the wall with phlog particles coming through it.
3.) Players can instantly heal at the locker.
4.) This video shows it happening one time. I realize if you started to make a demo, it must have happened before, causing you to make a demo, but in the context you provided, it doesn't seem like a big deal.

If another admin wants to ban for this feel free.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

The rules haven't changed, it is a form of exploiting, however we may sometimes choose to be more lenient depending on the circumstances

Chuck was handling the report so I'll let him decide on that second video

CobraX

Mildly Menacing Medic
Well, this is definitely an exploit. According to your server rules exploiting is not allowed. In the past this has been punished too. This tactic buys BLU valuable time and it's lame too. But hey, if it's allowed I'm going to use it too from now on.

CobraX

Mildly Menacing Medic
So can you admins confirm this exploit is a valid tactic from now on? Because I'm gonna use it too then, but I don't want to get banned because of it, just like Monsieur Biden was allowed to do this without getting banned.

Using this exploit can be a great advantage for BLU because the respawn time for RED is pretty long and any guy the pyro can kill is a nice bonus. This can e.g. be the case when a player from team RED spawns, but needs to go to his inventory to change weapons. By the time he leaves his inventory screen he will be dead and will have to wait for another respawn. This gives BLU a great advantage in pushing power towards the last checkpoint. Or imagine a team RED player entering the spawn with almost no HP left. He wants to go to the HP cabinet and just before he reaches it, he gets hit by that flame. Dead. The wait for the respawn begins...

CobraX

Mildly Menacing Medic
Awesome! I love it when common sense wins in the end. Respect to you chuckwagon for thinking about it and changing your mind. :grinning: