• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

g .

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
Recently, my revamp of my map "vsh_abandoned_warehouse" was accepted into the map rotation, and shortly after, players, including people that allowed server's custom textures and files to be downloaded onto their computer, reported seeing errors on my map.
I was a bit panicked at first. I was rushing to find the issue so that it could be fixed as soon as possible, but then people started reported seeing the same errors on vsh_urban_works. I don't know if there are issues with the servers or the maps in particular.
If you are also seeing errors, feedback and screenshots would be appreciated.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I know whenever I had problems with missing textures on custom maps, I would delete the map from my tf2 download folder, then redownload it through the server again. If that doesn't work, I would delete it again and then download from the website the map originated from, if able. Sometimes the textures, especially the custom ones, don't download correctly and redownloading the map fixes that.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
That version of urban works has been on the server for a long time so it's definitely not an issue with the map itself.

Reactions: PowerPuffGirls

Ļeón "Cheesecake" Coɾetż

Mildly Menacing Medic
Oh, that's your map? Well... I can tell you that a lot of players aren't liking it. Aside from the missing textures, the Hale has a hard time getting out of spawn through the one tiny vent, the speakers at the top of the wall allow for one of those sniper nests that are ultra hard for Hales to get to, the doors are too small/easy to bump into, there's no way for most classes to get up to that room above and somewhat offset from Hale's spawn (which was the sniper & engie nest on the previous iteration)... Frankly the map isn't as fun as it used to be.

That said I can appreciate some of the things you did, such as giving the map a better enviornment, a more realistic layout, an actual crane instead of that weird platform (which I admit made rocket jumping soldiers infuriating, whereby now it's not so much), the attention to little details...

My suggestion is to marry the two iterations together. The lighting was better on the old version, as now it's harder to see... anywhere... . Work back from the layout of the previous map to include the ideas and improvements of the second; the loading bays are nice, but put RED spawn where it used to be; feel free to keep the nest-room where it is, but make it accessible to all classes; make Hale's spawn room less like a cage (I like the idea behind it, but again the vents are a problem); and keep the piping from the first version, all those utilities on the walls. I was very impressed when I saw those, and felt they added distinction to the map. Now they're nonexistant. I do get that some of them made for nearly impenetrable sniper spots though, so do make sure to simply rework the piping layout for those above Hale's lowest default jump height. Oh, I even think you should keep the false ceiling framing that's above the loading zone in the second version, with the (I assume catwalk, I can't tell because the texture is broken and so only black-and-pink checkers), as this made for some interesting dancing with Hale, but wasn't too difficult for Hale to still get me (as a Pyro). I also HIGHLY suggest you use small or medium healthpacks in areas with lots of open space, because that's what enables market gardening soldiers to be infuriating. Keep the full health that's in the rooms, but use smaller packs in the main storage area.

I hope this map succeeds, because I really enjoyed the first version. And there are things in the second one that would be great if they weren't poorly implemented.