joemaster725

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
And WHY if I may ask?
like i said, they were not the best in the early days. however, everyone had them, and I only heard bad stories about them while growing up, not many positives.
Elaborate please.
quite tired to elaborate and think of anymore reasons
Sounds like HP's strategy to me. (had been working for HP for 1.5 years)
Yeah... Still in college, so no real bench or on the job experience for me.

i guess it went back to user negligence. computers were new, and viruses had a big role in the breaking down of computers. the windows xp security hole diddnt make it any better in aiding user negligence. so pretty much if the user was dumb, the computer would break down quick. dells were more popular, and so they were always the ones heard about that broke down. and even today, that still applies to a greater extent. i just chose a laptop that i found would sustain my needs for about 4 years, and since i am extremely careful around computers, i shouldn't have a problem with it in the foreseeable future.

sorry if this post is confusing. i am kind of falling asleep at my chair right now.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i guess it went back to user negligence. computers were new, and viruses had a big role in the breaking down of computers. the windows xp security hole diddnt make it any better in aiding user negligence. so pretty much if the user was dumb, the computer would break down quick. dells were more popular, and so they were always the ones heard about that broke down. and even today, that still applies to a greater extent. i just chose a laptop that i found would sustain my needs for about 4 years, and since i am extremely careful around computers, i shouldn't have a problem with it in the foreseeable future.
sorry if this post is confusing. i am kind of falling asleep at my chair right now.
Lucky you. I'm about to buy a T-Shirt with "I'm not fixing your fucking computer" sign.
Why I hate HP? Shitty drivers, bunch of retarded extra software, poor hardware placing design, absolutely no support.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Launch LOIC against HP! (In addition they pay support dudes in India more than they pay to the same dudes in the US.)

Lord Killington

Legendary Skial King
HP. The only manufacturer who'll make a computer damn near impossible to get into in the first place, then make everything inaccessible inside. GG.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
I had a Gateway once where the "button" to open the hinge was hidden on the FRONT as a plastic panel.