Somewhat Threatening Sniper
How often would you be available to trade?:
Everyday, I work 3-4 days a week but only 5 hour shifts along with I'm able to check my phone whenever.
What country do you live in?:
USA, California (PST) but I'm up very late most the time, about 3-5 am most nights.
What is the highest value trade you have completed so far (with risk, or without, list both)?:
My highest valued trade still would be $7,000 BTC trade and with risk is a $4,750 BTC trade.
Do you have any prior middleman experiences?:
I broker on the occasion whenever I'm free. Other than that I have MM'd a few times for friends etc but no "official" middleman work.
You're middleman'ing a trade, and the seller claims to have not received the money after the buyer says he sent it. How do you proceed?:
I ask for proof of balance from the seller and I ask the buyer to show me proof he sent it. If the seller refuses to show proof then he's clearly lying. I'd have the seller show me his balance and last incoming payment, if they aren't the buyer then the buyer never did send or sent it to the wrong place.
The buyer and seller are negotiating between Steam items, and items from a non-Steam game. How do you handle this transactin?:
For example if it's PayPal money, I would have the user with the steam items send me the items, I would then proceed to ask the Buyer to send the money to the seller and I would confirm with the seller that he got the cash. I would then give the buyer his steam item.
The seller is a tagged scammer on SteamRep. While it's impossible for him to rip anybody off if you're effectively middlemanning, do you still proceed with the transaction? If so, how? What about pending reports, or caution tags?:
He's a tagged scammer, I don't deal with scammers. The point of being a middleman is to ensure both parties don't scammed and making sure they aren't scammers to begin with. If they have a pending report, I would look into the report myself, I would handle caution tags just like they've already been tagged as a scammer. I wouldn't deal with them. Before dealing with any party I would do my background research on both to ensure the safest environment.
Do you have any form of reputation? Be it a rep thread or feedback on a trading site?:
Why should you represent Skial's community of traders on SteamRep?:
I'm experienced with scammers and want to ensure to stop them. I'd like to be an image for skial as I am responsible and mature. I know giving out the title of Middleman is a big image for the community I'm doing it for/apart of and I'm ready to uphold that responsibility.

Please feel free if you have any questions, not just Staff but the community too, ask away!
(This is my second time applying, I didn't just copy and paste my last application like most would, I redid the whole application.)

An update to this question:
"What is the highest value trade you have completed so far (with risk, or without, list both)?:"

Just completed a $8,000.00 USD Trade.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
A question for you. Have you ever performed a middleman wrong that caused an issue such as someone running off with items or giving the wrong items?

A question for you. Have you ever performed a middleman wrong that caused an issue such as someone running off with items or giving the wrong items?
I have not had that happen and don't ever hope for that to happen. In the case if it were to happen though, any items/value lost due to my error would have to be replaced out of my own pocket to the seller who lost the items or the buyer who lost the money he was using to buy the items.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
I have not had that happen and don't ever hope for that to happen. In the case if it were to happen though, any items/value lost due to my error would have to be replaced out of my own pocket to the seller who lost the items or the buyer who lost the money he was using to buy the items.

So you're telling me that if you fucked up a trade and the item cost like $1000 bucks. You would give the user $1000 bucks?

So you're telling me that if you fucked up a trade and the item cost like $1000 bucks. You would give the user $1000 bucks?
That is precisely what I'm saying. A user lost a $1,000 because he put his money and trust into me and I screwed it up. That's like saying you go to a friends house and break a vase, don't you offer to pay for a new one?

Isn't the point of a middleman to make sure that both sides leave without being scammed?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Socko

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor

That is precisely what I'm saying. A user lost a $1,000 because he put his money and trust into me and I screwed it up. That's like saying you go to a friends house and break a vase, don't you offer to pay for a new one?

Isn't the point of a middleman to make sure that both sides leave without being scammed?

Yeah, i call absolute BS on this one. Stretching too far and lying to get admin. Or maybe you are just an absolute idiot.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
His inventory speaks for himself...quite impressive. You don't get that far by bsing people. Any other middleman would probably say the same thing.

Just because you have a lot in your inventory doesn't mean you will pony up thousands of dollars for a mistake you made for doing a FREE FAVOR to someone.

I'm not saying he wouldn't make a good middleman. I would have given him a +1 until he tried to BS us.

Just because you have a lot in your inventory doesn't mean you will pony up thousands of dollars for a mistake you made for doing a FREE FAVOR to someone.

I'm not saying he wouldn't make a good middleman. I would have given him a +1 until he tried to BS us.
That's alright man, we're all entitled to our own opinions. Appreciate the feedback! :blush:

I understand that saying if I lost someone $1,000 that I'd own up to them and refund them, well that seems quite crazy. That's the whole point of a Middleman though is to ensure that both parties don't get scammed. Though again I do appreciate your feedback.

(Just a little note, I applied for Middleman not Admin.)

Last edited:
Reactions: RMSniper

Tyknighter

Positively Inhumane Poster
Been nearly a month since the last comment, figured I'd toss it out there that I'm still interested and check back about once a day. :)
Usually you wait a month or 2 and they review it, check it twice and all.... Get what I am saying.