Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm beyond confused, my microphone isn't acting up, it's new and it works in Skype, but it doesn't work in Mumble or TF2.

If you could get help with this, that'd be much appreciated, thank you.

Reactions: JohnnyGaloshes

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
I'm beyond confused, my microphone isn't acting up, it's new and it works in Skype, but it doesn't work in Mumble or TF2.

try re-configuring your microphone.

just type "microphone" in the startup and do the steps given in the "setup a microphone"

it happens to me sometimes..

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
is it set to Wambo?
Are you still set to stupid?

Do you have any programs that help with your microphone? I use Realtek HD audio Manager. I used to have Mic problems tel I started using that. It's a bit annoying to install and its hard to link but ill link the website.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

I can't be of much help when it comes to how to install it, best to look around. Again, its a bit of a pain to install.

Reactions: JohnnyGaloshes

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Did you check the voice settings on Steam to see if the mic is enabled or even set?
Yes, it's also not working for Mumble so there's that
try re-configuring your microphone.

just type "microphone" in the startup and do the steps given in the "setup a microphone"

it happens to me sometimes..
See, I know it's not a microphone issue as people can here me in Skype. I've reconfigured it myself to no bail
Do you have any programs that help with your microphone? I use Realtek HD audio Manager. I used to have Mic problems tel I started using that. It's a bit annoying to install and its hard to link but ill link the website.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

I can't be of much help when it comes to how to install it, best to look around. Again, its a bit of a pain to install.
I don't think I have any, Controls IDT Audio Settings maybe, idk.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yes, it's also not working for Mumble so there's that

See, I know it's not a microphone issue as people can here me in Skype. I've reconfigured it myself to no bail

I don't think I have any, Controls IDT Audio Settings maybe, idk.
I only said something about Steam because I don't use Mumble so I wouldn't be any help there.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Try reinstalling the drivers, then try setting it up in mumble again.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor

Feel free to add me, if you haven't figured it out by tomorrow I'll see if we can't get to the bottom of it when I get a free moment.

As with any computer issue can be any stupid number of things, and it's much easier to communicate over steam and troubleshoot than it is via forum.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
I just had an issue last week where I lowered voice transmit volume to zero in TF2 and it actually set my mic transmit levels to zero in Windows. Somehow, though, Skype worked fine with transmitting voice while this happened.

Check Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Sound > Recording and right-click your mic, go to Properties and see that your levels aren't set to zero.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Try reinstalling the drivers, then try setting it up in mumble again.
I don't know how to do that, haha. Tried figuring it out myself, didn't quite work.

EDIT: Tried that already, nothing.
Feel free to add me, if you haven't figured it out by tomorrow I'll see if we can't get to the bottom of it when I get a free moment.

As with any computer issue can be any stupid number of things, and it's much easier to communicate over steam and troubleshoot than it is via forum.
I'll hit you up
I just had an issue last week where I lowered voice transmit volume to zero in TF2 and it actually set my mic transmit levels to zero in Windows. Somehow, though, Skype worked fine with transmitting voice while this happened.

Check Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Sound > Recording and right-click your mic, go to Properties and see that your levels aren't set to zero.
Levels are fine

Last edited: