• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Anhrak

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Over the past week, this has become worse and worse.

Every day I am seeing this happening; people tuning up a radio [even though nobody is even asking for it]. Some get vote-muted easily, but some get 'just' that tiny bit of percentage of trolls to get that music going.

What happens next; MORE people start doing it, all through each other at once. Last week I had to call an admin because FIVE people were all flooding the voice chat with music nobody was even asking for, all at the same time. Right now as I'm writing this, there are four guys contesting each other, all trying to put their music as loud as they can to surpass the other.

The admin however said they can't 'mute' someone for mic-radioing, however there are two loopholes to this claim:
1 - it's not one guy that's doing it anymore. People are competing each other to force their music to another, where it escalated to five guys as said above.
2 - it's happening on the TRADING server, where people NEED text- and voice-chat communication.

This is seriously getting out of control. Even though you may say 'just personally mute them', doesn't solve anything. First, they shouldn't be so childish themselves by forcing their music to others even though nobody asks them so, and secondly, if someone's playing music and you're trying to trade, nobody will be able to hear you because the music is whaling over all actual voice-chat communication. If I want to turn on music, there's freaking YouTube for that, I don't need somebody else to stuff that music into a chat that I TRY to use for trading.

So this is a request from me to the staff, please get a maintaining grip on the mic radio-spamming/music-spamming on the trade servers.

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Take a demo recording when you enter the server during these events of people micspamming (https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Help:Recording_demos Read this on how to do so) and then create a report Here. (Hyperlink was linking to the above link. This has been fixed.) Include the file of the demo recording. Even though clientmuting them is always a grand idea, micspamming is still against Skial rules and you'll be doing an awesome service by recording these hooligans.

Alternatively, you can add any of the Admins to your friend's list to come in and investigate if the micspammers are still in progress. It's still better to be proactive and record them in the act. O'wait, you already did this.

The admins here are pretty good about enforcing the rules so I hope that we're able to deal with such shenanigans.

Last edited:

Anhrak

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Strange though why an admin would say that mic-spamming with music is not a mutable offense.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Client mute them, and suggest others to do the same. if everyone client mutes the idiots they will be playing to themselves. If they're not trading and just spamming then they should be kicked for wasting a slot.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I think spamming music on trade is different to spamming it on normal servers, because people actually use their mics there to advertise their items. Therefore it should be treaten differently there. My 2 cents.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
We used to silence for music on all servers awhile back but we no longer do it. We let the server decide by allowing people to use the votemenu against them

There's also client mute, and for those who are too lazy to client mute but are somehow not lazy enough spend 30 minutes complaining about the person you can use !ignore and then their name in chat