DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Figured since my old L4D2 group has their hardware problems solved and eventually I want to learn the ropes of DOTA from TS people, I should start looking into a mic / headset. The budget I'm trying to stick with is $40, and I'd preferably rather get a mic than headset since my current headphones have already proven their worth through many cat-related trauma tests.

TL;DR looking for a ~$40 PC mic that doesn't make the user sound like a hive of angry bees.

Reactions: bunnyf00d

KewnTunes

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I got this dynex mic at Best Buy for like $25 when my headset mic broke and it works perfectly only down side it that it's pretty sensitive. As long as you have like a 1 1/2 feet away from your mouth it sounds great and you don't have a lot of noises going on in the backround.
41%2Bw5d%2BeT-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Steelseries' Siberia v2 is a great headset and the mic is really good, too.
See if you can find a cheap one somewhere.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Turtle Beach x12 might not be the best or most durable, but by far is the most comfortable.

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That's well over his price range of $40 but the used and refurbished ones are under $30, I'm just not sure if I'd trust the quality of them.
yeah it was a used one at £20
from what i hear platronics are good value

๖ۣۜZaldarius

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Steelseries' Siberia v2 is a great headset and the mic is really good, too.
See if you can find a cheap one somewhere.
I actually personally use one of these, highly recommend it. mine came with an extension cord as well, its about 15feet with the cord attached.
And although you are more wanting a desktop mic, If you are planning on using heavy voice comms, generally a headset is preferred since most of the people on the comms don't want to hear your game going into their headset as well as their own game sounds