Membership Font bypassing ingame mute system

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Pink Floyd, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd Uncharitable Spy

Steam:

Was it intentional for the membership font to bypass the ingame mute system. I have muted 3 people in the last month now that that use annoying blue font and I still seem to see their messages. It has to be the font they are using. Is this a glitch or is it a Skial benefit, because I only mute people whom I find really annoying.

As you can see in the images below I have muted said player yet his messages still come through. (Sorry 4 the poor image quality)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bottiger

Bottiger Administrator

Steam:

Was it intended? No.

But the only way to change the color of the username is to simulate a message from the server and not a player.

The server doesn't have access to your mute list either. So we can't apply your mute to these kinds of messages.

3. Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd Uncharitable Spy

Steam:

Could Skial not create a server command to mute the chat for that person, similar to the !ignore command which mutes just the voice chat of a player for a whole map. Because some of these people are really annoying and I am forced to read their nonsense. It would be really helpful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice