D3xus

Gore-Spattered Heavy
There's a lot of stuff that's gone on in jailbreak over the past few decades (re: months) that needs to be fixed or remedied in some way that doesn't directly pertain to the rules that have already been remedied. This is more logistical stuff that doesn't fall into a rule category that pertain to the server itself. Because this deals with many issues instead of one central issue, they can be voted upon individually based on your preference or knowledge of the relevant manner.

This will also be broken down into two sections: server suggestions and bug fixes. They're distinct in that suggestions are personal opinions for the betterment of the server that are fueled by experience and concerns/statements relayed to me by server regulars, while bug fixes are objective and are more literal in that they are observations of technical things that need to be fixed for everyone's enjoyment, not the opinions of myself or a few other people.

You may or may not need an English lesson to undert

So let's begin with the easy stuff...

Bug Fixes
/hat glitch

If you use the /hat donation/AP command near the beginning of the round, you will respawn but will die immediately after respawning. This doesn't apply to the /trail command, but only the /hat command. Can we get this fixed? I've had to respawn myself and other people who used the command at the beginning of the round.

Slay-on-spawn glitch
I know that the slay-on-spawn was added after adding Snowball to the map rotation, but it's rather irritating to be killed after respawning on round start every. Single. Time. As soon as the round begins, a lot of corpses and weapons drop to the ground, and it skews the K/D ratio of every player. There's no way to avoid it. Can this be remedied so players aren't killed at the start of rounds?

Saxton Hale Weapon Stats
All weapons were given the attributes and statistics of their Saxton Hale counterparts, from what I have observed, when the nature of jailbreak is not like Saxton Hale at all. Examples include:
  • Rocket Launchers minicrit airborne enemies
  • Crusader's Crossbow causes the shooter to gain uber upon enemy hit
  • Flare Gun has increased self-damage force
  • Gloves of Running Urgently has no mark for death
Among other things. Can we have these changes reverted so the weapon attributes were what they were originally? (Excluding spy backstabs, which shouldn't crit at all. It was like this before, and it should stay like this, along with the Gunslinger and Ullapool Caber being banned outright and Medigun ubercharge being Quick Fix-esque).

Fix Arena areas on all maps (thank you @Heavykiin )
Minor thing for a mapper to do, but a lot of minigames are broken, namely arena across every current map except for Minecart. Other broken minigames are Russian Roulette in Casuarina, Dodgeball in MLCastle, Bumble Beam in MLCastle, Soccer on all maps (I think the last three have to do with there being no collisions on the entire server, the "enable collisions" button doesn't work).
Suggestions
Add more maps
We've had the same maps in the rotation for a very, very long time; with the exception of the recent addition of Snowball (which has its own problems that I'll discuss shortly), I'd like to propose to add more maps to the rotation, including:
  • jb_wtc_b8 - This is a rather small but fun map in the likeness of the World Trade Center. The coolest thing is an elevator that goes from the "ground" floor, where spawn & cells are, to the roof with soccer, jump rope (sweeper), and more. It's reminiscent of hopjb a little bit.
  • jb_fuckzz_final_v11 - The name of the map is misleading; all of the games and elements I tried out worked and were rather ingenious in nature. It's about the same size as minecart.
  • jb_legojail_b1 - The main area is a little scrunched, but everything about this map looks amazing. Lots of fun minigames and activities to do.
  • ba_jail_wip_a6v4 - The name implies it's work in progress, but it's anything but. A huge map on the outside with all of the minigames in-house. The only real avenue to get to this huge outside easily is by walking right in front of the armory. I happened to really like it; lots of fun stuff.
All of these maps, and more, can be downloaded from here. Most of them work out of the box from what I can tell. Might need some testing on the server itself to fix stuff. I've looked at other maps on that list, but those four stuck out the most. There are also a lot of other maps on this page.

Remove Snowball & Chierten from the rotation
Snowball is just a completely broken map. Half of the games do not work, the lighting is (still) weird, the map is far too big and open to manage a red team of 15+ people, and it seems to have been very haphazardly developed. It's just not a fun map.

For Chierten, we never go to that map and it's also far too big to do much of anything. I like some parts of it, but it's the least visited map on the server from what I've experienced.

Add maximum time limit for maps
We can sometimes have the server spend over two hours on the exact same map. I like having variety between the different maps; it shakes things up. Can we only keep the "Extend Map" option when voting for a new map for a certain maximum time limit (say 60-80 minutes)?

Unban Hide and Seek
Hide and Seek is a relatively harmless game if done right. All the reds get the chance to hide. They get frozen after a certain point. The last alive gets LR. I can't say why this was banned before, but I think this is a good opportunity to be unbanned.

I hope this makes sense and that we can have some of these things become reality.

Last edited:

Milly Bays

Mildly Menacing Medic
First off, haven't heard about the /hat glitch, good find. The slay-on-spawn thing was added right after snowballs was added to the map rotation. If I'm correct it was added to prevent late-spawn. True, I don't like having my K/D ruined like that, but that's a small price to pay for late-spawning and cutting in line (player staying on blu team as long as they please) If there is a way to prevent late-spawning without killing the player at the start of every round, I'm all in.

Next off, the Saxton hale weapon stats. They don't really affect me too much, so I'll leave that call to the higher ups.
New maps! Yes! as a close friend to d3xus for a year, maybe longer, the one thing I hate about Skial Jailbreak is the map rotation. We have two main maps which is ml_castle and ba_minecart. We got Castle about a year ago which was a great add, but it's time for some new maps. It will most likely bring in new players and maybe even bring in old players who left because of the same maps they were so tired of playing.
Yes, remove those two maps Chierten is a sweet map, but it's just too big for our 15-20 red team. For snowballs, well it's pretty crappy map. I know it's new, but
this is not what we wanted. As for maximum time on maps, I'm yay or nay. If we want to change a map we can usually get an RTV rolling to get a new map.

For hide and seek, I would like to see it make a return to Skial Jailbreak.
Jailbreak is a server that really isn't known on Skial, or at least no one really joins.We still can damn near get a full server on the weekends, my guess cause most kids are out of school. My main focus would be the bugs and the new maps, just one or two new maps would be amazing.
I think Jailbreak should see some more love from the higher ups.

Reactions: Sir Cakez and D3xus

D3xus

Gore-Spattered Heavy
First off, haven't heard about the /hat glitch, good find. The slay-on-spawn thing was added right after snowballs was added to the map rotation. If I'm correct it was added to prevent late-spawn. True, I don't like having my K/D ruined like that, but that's a small price to pay for late-spawning and cutting in line (player staying on blu team as long as they please) If there is a way to prevent late-spawning without killing the player at the start of every round, I'm all in.
People still late-spawn. And they're normally pretty good about slaying themselves if/when it happens.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
If you get enough support for hide and seek, I could consider it.
I doubt Bottiger will bother coding it, though, so if anything the warden would be setting it up.
Though I expect a clusterfuck.

Not sure about the maps, but I dislike hopjb-style maps.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Chierten should be removed, while it has some interesting games it's too big, you literally need a few BBFB scouts and they're gone and it is rarely played, I will agree.

As for games like soccer and arena I was fixing those kind of games on minecart but wasn't sure if was needed.

And for new maps I know a lot of jail maps were made for Gmod/CS:S so may need some bug checking.

D3xus

Gore-Spattered Heavy
If you get enough support for hide and seek, I could consider it.
I doubt Bottiger will bother coding it, though, so if anything the warden would be setting it up.
Though I expect a clusterfuck.
That's fine. It could be done manually, which I think is perfectly fine as long as ground rules for it are put in place.

Not sure about the maps, but I dislike hopjb-style maps.
I only meant HopJB in terms of the first area. It's not too much like it after that (for jb_wtc).

D3xus

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Chierten should be removed, while it has some interesting games it's too big, you literally need a few BBFB scouts and they're gone and it is rarely played, I will agree.

As for games like soccer and arena I was fixing those kind of games on minecart but wasn't sure if was needed.

And for new maps I know a lot of jail maps were made for Gmod/CS:S so may need some bug checking.
The maps I've described work with Team Fortress 2; they were designed for it (or were adapted from CS:GO/GMod) and I played them offline without any huge errors that I could tell.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
The maps I've described work with Team Fortress 2; they were designed for it (or were adapted from CS:GO/GMod) and I played them offline without any huge errors that I could tell.

Then they should be okay if they've already been ported.

EwanLan

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
I'm flying through the maps ATM too see how well they would do in jb. I will update as I analyse each map

jb_wtc_b8
This map has a lacklustre amount of minigames and seems to be very hard to organize getting an entire group of reds too the roof area. I counted 6 minigames including pool and disco. On the other building There is what appears to be a arena like game but this was left out of my count as there is no way the user can get too this tower. The map also has a issue I have not been able to test yet being an kill button that will kill all reds that are still on the ground floor when pressed. This can be used to grief which can ruin the map overall
-1 for the addition of jb_wtc_b8

jb_legojail_b1
Legojail is a very well done map, its textures are clean and the map layout is easy for players to use, this map also has a bunch of hidden paths that can transport rebels around the map, this feature might be OP but I am yet to see the map be played in full. roughly 12 minigames from what I have counted but 1-2 are strictly Counter strike minigames, 1 being called degal toss. I would fully support this map if it was not for 2 issues, the corridors between games gets very small making it hard to move around with some areas needing crouch to be able to pass through. My second issue is the armory having an entrance that is always exposed and leads directly to ammo, the armory is easy to get too from cells making rebels able to dash in and grab gear.
0 for the addition of jb_legojail_b1 (I need too see the map on a full server across a large range of rounds too see if the maps design works well)

EDIT
Adding the other 2

jb_fuckzz_final_v11
This is the perfect map to get added with only a few minor issue with the map. The map contains 13~ minigames that work well. 2 minigame I feel is a bad addition is the rifle range since it offers a full ammo kit and could be used abused by reds to get ammo and maze since it damages players for 16 damage on contact and subtracts that value every half a second estimate. Apart from that all minigames are perfect and function correctly. Across the map there is a few scatted hidden ammo boxes players can use to grab a very small amount of rounds once per round at each hidden area, this is a perfect feature for rebels as it promotes map knowledge with a little boost that is not op, but this feature has a major downfall that needs to be fixed on it. Whenever you pick up the ammo you are stuck with a particle trail for the entire round, the trail has a long lifespan and can track players, making the ammo a bad choice to use.
+1 for jb_fuckzz_final_v11 has a few minor and personal issues but its a really good map overall

ba_jail_wip_a6v4
This map is fine but the map is too large for prisoners to walk around excluding the interior section. the map has a few gimmicks and ways to make map transport faster but a bit more clumsy such as 2 trains on a train path too take the users too where they need to. the map would be okay to have it was not for a secret room under the armory that allows a user to disable healing and armory entrances rebels use to enter armory, I walked around with showtriggers_toggle on to find if there was a teleport for this area but for now it seems to be an admin only area, still a bad thing to have in the map in case someone can glitch into it.
-1 Unless the hidden room under armoury is removed

Last edited:

D3xus

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I'm flying through the maps ATM too see how well they would do in jb. I will update as I analyse each map

jb_wtc_b8
This map has a lacklustre amount of minigames and seems to be very hard to organize getting an entire group of reds too the roof area. I counted 6 minigames including pool and disco. On the other building There is what appears to be a arena like game but this was left out of my count as there is no way the user can get too this tower. The map also has a issue I have not been able to test yet being an kill button that will kill all reds that are still on the ground floor when pressed. This can be used to grief which can ruin the map overall
-1 for the addition of jb_wtc_b8

jb_legojail_b1
Legojail is a very well done map, its textures are clean and the map layout is easy for players to use, this map also has a bunch of hidden paths that can transport rebels around the map, this feature might be OP but I am yet to see the map be played in full. roughly 12 minigames from what I have counted but 1-2 are strictly Counter strike minigames, 1 being called degal toss. I would fully support this map if it was not for 2 issues, the corridors between games gets very small making it hard to move around with some areas needing crouch to be able to pass through. My second issue is the armory having an entrance that is always exposed and leads directly to ammo, the armory is easy to get too from cells making rebels able to dash in and grab gear.
0 for the addition of jb_legojail_b1 (I need too see the map on a full server across a large range of rounds too see if the maps design works well)
I'm ok with WTC being left out for the issues you've described. @Feldethain said he could fix issues as simple as the ones you mentioned for legojail (removing the CS:GO games, making armory harder to get into)

D3xus

Gore-Spattered Heavy
For WIP: Again, @Feldethain can take it out and do anything else map-wise. He's that good.

I just looked at some other maps, and they weren't as good as the ones I've already listed.

So far, the best ones are fuckzz_final and maybe legojail. WIP and WTC are out-ish.

Last edited:

Feldethain

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
So an issue has come up recently, with snowballs (go figure). So I accidentally discovered that somewhere behind and underneath the cells, there's a small teleport trigger that teleports you into a small room, with a layer of glass and a full ammo pack. after you touch the other end of the room, it takes you to the top of jeopardy; the highest point of the map. This is extremely problematic because if someone is on the far edge of the blue line and knows where the trigger is (which isnt hard to find), it is virtually impossible to react and deal damage fast enough, god forbid they be a scout, and they're gone. If it's a sniper, I think no classes, save for scout, can reach the top in time as soon as they fall. This needs revisions, if not just directly removed.

Reactions: D3xus

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
@Feldethain, That teleporter was in the original version of the map so I just left it as it was, didn't want to change too much incase it was meant to be there. I can remove this, though I'll admit it really needs a lot more detail to make it less boring. I will work on it in the next few days but I'm not too sure on how best to make it more interesting.

D3xus

Gore-Spattered Heavy
The most recent update reverted weapons to their original stats. Mediguns now give regular ubercharge/kritz, whatever the gun is.

Bottiger fix pls

Feldethain

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Update: So what I believed of the map file to be corrupted, I figured out it could be fixed. If I opened it as a text file, I could pick apart the bits and parts of code and parameters to make it work. Although it is rather arduous, I'm making good pace at picking it apart and having it work. tl;dr: Give me a few days and it'll be back up.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I have slowly been working on a fix for minecart, but haven't been working on it too hard since I wasn't sure if it needed it.

Most games broke due to Valve messing with physics on certain entities, unless I'm doing it wrong, so far I have just been changing the values until they go the furthest.

But so far I have:

• Fixed bowling, the balls now reach the pins, though thanks to valve they barely reach, but do reach if you hit it right. (Is this good enough?)
  • Fixing soccer, though it may need to be a different entity to make it work properly again, this would mean it would need a model. I'm sure I can make a minecraft model though, should just be a ball and that's it.

Anyone know anything else I should be adding to my checklist?