Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
So far I've just got a basic idea of how the map is going to be layed out.

But the main concept is that the map is based around an "industrial minecraft" type area. Using pistons and whatnot.

Here is what the spawn looks like so far, I should probably add better lighting around the spawn though
WqqCwWz.gif

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
An idea of what it looks like, I have progress a lot further since this video, the wall is gone from the cave now.

Hiiglane

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Yo Cream, would you mind if I posted bugs on the current version of the map here? Or would you rather me just tell you on the server?

Hiiglane

Ah okay. Here is the current bugs + suggestions that I've seen/ experienced/ or know about:
1) The first trap, if people climb the tnt and time a jump perfectly to get stuck in the floor as it respawns, they can avoid the trap and the deathwall (yes if they do it at certain heights it even bypasses the deathwall)
Solution: Kill players stuck in this area/ Move the TNT/ Make the Deathwall go under floors
2) The third trap (the bridge) can get players stuck in it if they stand on where the trap begins as the bridge respawns
Solution: Make it teleport stuck players out on respawn (as newer players will stand there and get stuck on accident)/ Kill players standing where the bridge respawns
3) Standing on the 4th trap's sentries can cause it to not work at all, causing it to go straight back down into the ground without the trap killing players (pretty sure you knew this one)
Solution: Some sort of damage/kill on touch
4) INCORRECT. THE BLACK WALL DOES NOT KILL IM AN IDIOT.
5) Theres about a second of delay if you activate the cake explosive trap/ the cake disappears for a second then the explosion happens (probably intentional but it makes the trap harder to use)
6) For the sacrifice vents, if a player quickly corner steps on the left or right path then backs off they can cause the hole to appear without falling into the trap = ignoring the trap all together
Solution: Make it so the trap has to have someone directly on it before the hole appears
7) For the sacrifice vents, if a player cloaks they can go through the hole without dying, this is kinda useless but if a spy is gonna be the first sacrafice they dont actually have to die, they can just cloak and quickly crouch jump out of the hole before the damage kills.
Solution: MORE DAMAGE!!!
8) The lava pit trap can be negated if (I believe) a multiple amount of people stand on the platform, the platform they're standing on will stay in place rather than the two platforms going down dropping them into the lava pit.
Solution: Idk collision damage?
9) The skull painting trap can be touched if approached from the side, its left and right don't kill which I assume must be a mistake because it should be kill on touch.
10) On the lava filling hole trap, you can jump on the edges of the trap and jump into the trap (again, not sure if this is intentional or just an overlook, really doesnt do anything but just making sure)
11) Multiple classes that are fast enough can basically jump over the disappearing bridge trap from its start making it hard to kill faster classes with it when you're hale.
12 *EDIT*) IF a player is standing at the end of the map and somebody shoots a button then the win/(future minigame) button will activate. Do note: this is a person that isnt near the button, people standing at the trap before the end of the map, again minor thing but it'd suck to get to the end for somebody to shoot the opposite choice you wanted.
13) Any trap that has damage should probably be doing way more damage as Spy cloaking can get you past a lot of things on maps. Ex: Spy cloaking can let you survive the water from Trap 3

Bonus Suggestion) Give trap 2 a noise + particle that shows that its being activated so players dont walk into it directly thinking its part of the background with the houses.

Last edited:

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Thanks Rocco for those reports I have fixed a few of those now, I'm also currently working on the minigame.

This is hopefully a good, unique minigame:
Twpv4oB.png

This has taken me an hour or two so far, most of the time has been taken planning on how to make it work.

It requires a fair few logic entities if you can see them.

What is the game?
The game is like a card game.
Each side can choose three columns, the map will then randomly choose which "cards" have a "gold square" underneath them.
Whichever side has the most "gold squares" underneath their cards wins.

What do you guys think of this game? I didn't do the usual nine square since I wanted something more original and unique.

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper
Thanks Rocco for those reports I have fixed a few of those now, I'm also currently working on the minigame.

This is hopefully a good, unique minigame:
Twpv4oB.png

This has taken me an hour or two so far, most of the time has been taken planning on how to make it work.

It requires a fair few logic entities if you can see them.

What is the game?
The game is like a card game.
Each side can choose three columns, the map will then randomly choose which "cards" have a "gold square" underneath them.
Whichever side has the most "gold squares" underneath their cards wins.

What do you guys think of this game? I didn't do the usual nine square since I wanted something more original and unique.
Seems slightly complicated if you're new to the map, so some explaining (on a wall?) will be required. Otherwise, new minigames are good.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Seems slightly complicated if you're new to the map, so some explaining (on a wall?) will be required. Otherwise, new minigames are good.

I will be adding one of those text box things from the training maps to say "Pick three columns and try to get the most gold!".

Or something like that.

Hiiglane

Cream, is this planned to be the only minigame on the map? Or do you plan on adding more as you get ideas?

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Update:
I am working on a 'snow biome' area for this map.
I will also be fixing a slight error with the minigame which can give an unfair advantage to Hale.
I am yet to make one or two more traps for this snowy area. I've already made one.
If you have suggestions feel free to give. I may make a credit list in the easter egg bit.
(I will probably make the easter egg harder to get inside)