KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
Halloween Fullmoon Mode is currently handled by a plugin so the health pickups aren't affected year-round and that stupid Thriller taunt doesn't play. the plugin isn't compatible with the souls, in the sense that Halloween/Fullmoon Mode also handles bodygroups hidden by equipping the souls, which currently isn't handled by the plugin

EDIT: ever since the April Fool's update, the plugin was updated to handle the tf_forced_holiday cvar to fix zombie skins not working correctly with the holiday intercept alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Randy

Randy

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
they do. they just clip with the standard player models since the proper bodygroups aren't hidden like they should be.
Is there any way to fix that? Quite a few people agreed that it'd be nice to be able to use souls when I asked in-game

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
Is there any way to fix that? Quite a few people agreed that it'd be nice to be able to use souls when I asked in-game
updating the plugin should fix things.

my guess is that the problem exists because Valve put a date-check in the coding for the Voodoo-Cursed Souls, made redundant by that fact that the souls are already Halloween/Fullmoon restricted

Reactions: Randy

Randy

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
updating the plugin should fix things.

my guess is that the problem exists because Valve put a date-check in the coding for the Voodoo-Cursed Souls, made redundant by that fact that the souls are already Halloween/Fullmoon restricted
I appreciate all the replies. Realistically can we expect the souls to work any time soon?

Randy

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Thanks for the reply bottiger
They started working like a week ago. They absolutely 100% didn't work when I created this thread so something must've happened between then and now.