Gamer4605

Banned
This would help stop reporters being harassed and bullied by players who they previously reported or friends of the reportee, reporters have a stigma against them in most servers and people regularly try to drive reporters out, making reports anonymous would stop this, in the case of admin apps you could possibly put a counter on someone’s profile of successful reports and whatnot.

Reactions: Defibyoulater

herp 105.4

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
This would help stop reporters being harassed and bullied by players who they previously reported or friends of the reportee, reporters have a stigma against them in most servers and people regularly try to drive reporters out, making reports anonymous would stop this, in the case of admin apps you could possibly put a counter on someone’s profile of successful reports and whatnot.
-1 that is where all the fun is
although i would +1 an option for it just for the people with no backbone
all of that requires work to do

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
The form plugin does if I remember rightly offer an anonymous feature. So this is entirely possible.
The only issue would be, it's all or nothing. You would either have everything anonymous, and no statistics for admin apps, or remain as it is now.

I personally prefer it as it is now

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
What's so difficult about muting someone who is annoying you?

You report them..
They bitch at you...
You mute them...

Zeke Aileron

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor

You report them..
They bitch at you...
You mute them...

Wait why mute them...?

If they want to harass said reporter with the same thing from before, the reporter can just re-report said player to give that player an extended vacation, it's better to get rid of trash instead of keeping it and making everyone else suffer...

Also, -1 on this as well, the report system is fine as is, people just have to learn from their past actions, if they're willing to do so.

herp 105.4

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
FF2 Balancer

You report them..
They bitch at you...
You mute them...
better yet wait for them to make another mistake and report them again

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

I've never seen anybody have a problem where a person they reported harassed them about it. Even if they did, they can just report them again to get them banned.
Heck, I do a decent amount of reports and have even told some of the people I reported to their faces I helped got them muted/banned and never once got flak for it.
I've seen people bitch before reports on them are investigated, but once it's accepted they go dark out of humiliation for being a complete and utter dumbass. The worst i've seen is a dude go on an alt an aimbot because he got muted for racism only to get permanently banned on his main for hacking.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If they want to harass said reporter with the same thing from before, the reporter can just re-report said player to give that player an extended vacation, it's better to get rid of trash instead of keeping it and making everyone else suffer...
Just harrasing someone is not against the rules, only if it crosses the border into discrimination.

Zeo

TF2 Admin
Contributor

I've never seen harassment come from reports. There are a lot of options to deal with it in the server and steam.

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

Reports shouldn't be anonymous. If someone is harassing you there are always ways to block/mute said person