Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
With the release of the credit system, players have decided to sell their credits for metals and other items. This should be something players earn through time spent on server to help it fill, not be a way to climb for the rich to climb to the top of the Skial tower, that just seems childish and a wasted effort on Botty's end.

I understand it's impossible to stop this as it can just be done through steam chat but we shouldn't just let people make a quick buck off something awarded to them by the new system.

The new system encourages new players to join and seed the servers. If people buy credits, the main purpose of the new system is defeated and if they sell them, that's money Skial isn't receiving which is needed to keep the servers up, it's a lose-lose situation for Skial.

Last edited:

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
If Credits only come from playing and we aren't selling them, the gifting feature should be removed or Admin/Trade Mod-access only to prevent the high possibility of fraudulent Credit deals. Modifying the plugin to regulate Credit trades would be way more trouble than it's worth. To clarify, I think we should not sell Credits or allow players to distribute them. If a player wants Credits, all they need to do is seed the server.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
On one end it sounds it could cause some trouble, but on the other it is a nice gift for your pallies. What other community can you gift perks from gameplay?

BBQ Prophet

On one end it sounds it could cause some trouble, but on the other it is a nice gift for your pallies. What other community can you gift perks from gameplay?
What other community provides the system to get scammed for your virtual items by an even more abstract, unregulated virtual thing? Usually you need a third party for that; what an impressive feature...

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I like that you can gift people stuff and I'd not like it get removed but I can totally see the scam potential here.

User gives another user 5ref for 1500credits or something. User disconnects without gifting the credits.
Or vice versa.

I dont see a way to be sure this is not used to potentially scam without removing the feature, but it is nice to gift people a title or an item.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
What we can do right now though is disabling the gifting option during the contest.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
For clarification, only credits you earn by yourself count in this contest. bottiger made that clear in the admin discord channel yesterday. Gifting credits does not count towards your earned credits and if you receive 10000 credits while your count is 1000 in this contest, it will remain at 1000 earned by yourself.
To quote him: "only credits earned by playing count"

If that is what you were worried about.

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
For clarification, only credits you earn by yourself count in this contest. bottiger made that clear in the admin discord channel yesterday. Gifting credits does not count towards your earned credits and if you receive 10000 credits while your count is 1000 in this contest, it will remain at 1000 earned by yourself.
To quote him: "only credits earned by playing count"

If that is what you were worried about.
I'm worried about it because bot thinks that because people have 70,000 credits already that the prices of the shop should be a lot higher than they are when those people are just buying credits from people and placing huge bets so they aren't actually earning credits like everyone else's who only have 20 K or 10K

BBQ Prophet

All the credits earned came from someone seeding and probably also watching ads. It's not a big deal who has them, especially when we can distinguish who earned them; the only issue in my eyes is that we're just providing a new medium through which to scam and it doesn't really have any benefits. The original suggestion is to disallow the trading of Credits but Sargent himself said it would be unenforceable.
The only real options are to disable Credit gifting or turn a blind eye and let players get scammed, which I assure you will happen if it hasn't begun already. The kind of player to fall victim to this is the exact kind to not record evidence, not file reports and likely not even able to navigate the forum, let alone log in.
If a player wants Credits, all they need to do is seed the server.

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
I'm still worried that the insane amounts of credits these people buy off of others will make bottiger increase store prices even more. All the way to the point where only the top 1-10% of players will be able to afford anything in the store.

Denis

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
I doubt Bottiger would raise the prices to cater to the top 1-10% of players, it wouldn't make sense to do so,