Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I feel it's not right for any old griefer user to come on, take the logo away, record, and not play again for a while.

I think this would encourage those who are so fussy about the logo command to stay longer and earn AP or just donate if they're that bothered about it.

It would also publicize the servers more.

Adora

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
+1
Removing the Skial logo should be a privilege given only to regular players, in my opinion.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Anybody else supporting this? I'm surprised this has neither been approved or declined yet.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Haven't seen this until now, though I've got a few thoughts.

I feel it's not right for any old griefer user to come on, take the logo away, record, and not play again for a while.
I'm not sure what you mean by this - we would still know if it is Skial due to the rolling chat messages. Furthermore, would we really want "skial.com" advertised on a video of someone griefing - personally I would rather that if someone was going to record themselves breaking the rules - they should remove the logo.

I think this would encourage those who are so fussy about the logo command to stay longer and earn AP or just donate if they're that bothered about it.
They might not even play to begin with, many players don't know about AP because it's not something that is advertised.

It would also publicize the servers more.
I'm sure this is probably true, though I'm not sure how much of an impact this really has honestly.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Bump, here are a few changes, but I think this needs to still be considered.

-scrap that-

Last edited:

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor
images
+1

Reactions: Cream Tea

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy

It messed with my former hud (overlapped some numbers) and it wouldn't surprise me if other people have similar issues, and disable it for that reason. Might be just me, idk. If it's just me, I'll switch to +1.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The issue is with custom huds

This would effectively force some players to get a new HUD or stop using it entirely

And to be honest, what competition does Skial have at this point to the point where Skial needs to force something like this for advertisement purposes?

Skial is pretty much the only active community left. The rest are tiny server groups / single servers

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
May have been a plausible idea a year or more ago. But I'm scared Funke will publically complain about it.