Presto

Uncharitable Spy
I think the issue lies in the new plugin cuz whenever someone dies to anything, Hale gets credit for the kill even if Hale didnt kill them himself with his fists

So for example when someone kill binds or just straight up dies from a trap with not input from hale, he still gets kill credit which triggers the vsh kill voicelines to go off

So if its possible maybe just turn off the global kill credit for Hale and only keep it on for when Hale kills someone with his fists

Fred dat lego

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I think the issue lies in the new plugin cuz whenever someone dies to anything, Hale gets credit for the kill even if Hale didnt kill them himself with his fists

So for example when someone kill binds or just straight up dies from a trap with not input from hale, he still gets kill credit which triggers the vsh kill voicelines to go off

So if its possible maybe just turn off the global kill credit for Hale and only keep it on for when Hale kills someone with his fists
The new plugin completely ruined deathrun servers in different ways.

Fred dat lego

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
This could also trick people in dr_office and dr_ancientmemes because when VSH was on deathrun servers and you would hear the voice clips hale makes when he punches. Most people would avoid a trap because it would indicated that gayle is in the pit or just killing a demo man that trimped in the activator section in dr_ancientmemes.

worMatty

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Mapper

The plugin changes the player_death event so that the attacker becomes the activator (Hale). The event is broadcast to players, and their client uses it to display the attacker in the kill feed, nothing more.

Hale's existence is owed to Bottiger's work, so it is a simple matter for him to modify his code, which he apparently has already done because this thread is approved.

Reactions: Presto