KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I mean the sticky for trades doesn't stop people from posting trades so I don't think it will make that much of a difference. It doesn't happen that often

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1 I think the trade scenario happens less often than the appeal and report scenario.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
we have a sticky for trades? where?
That's what I want to know

+1

bOJlvKK.png

Reactions: san7890

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
The only subforums it would most likely be needed in is TF2 and General. But the sort of person who reads stickies is also the sort of person who would notice there's a report and appeal section in the first place.
What's turning out to be a bigger problem is people coming into the discord to appeal or report (and admins allowing it) or to throw tantrums about being banned.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
What's turning out to be a bigger problem is people coming into the discord to appeal or report (and admins allowing it)

In my mind, the Discord is an extension of the forums.
Yes, we don't have fixed forms to reference - but I think doing reports/appeals there is okay.
If it's a hacking appeal and evidence is needed to be displayed then sure, but if it's simple I'm sure it's fine.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
In my mind, the Discord is an extension of the forums.
Yes, we don't have fixed forms to reference - but I think doing reports/appeals there is okay.
If it's a hacking appeal and evidence is needed to be displayed then sure, but if it's simple I'm sure it's fine.
An easy to look up public record >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> discord or IMs

Back when I used to accept steam friend requests from people I banned, this was common:
1. entire argument about the ban as you would see in an appeal
2. they get mad about not being unbanned and tell me to go fuck myself
3. register on the forums and make an appeal thread
4. repeat steps 1 and 2 on the forums
Also if someone has a prior unban but no appeal thread for that unban I'll probably assume that admin made a mistake and not count it as a prior.

As for reports on discord most of them are people who enter for five seconds to say "theres a problem on the 2fort server!!!!!!!! hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and then immediately disconnect with no other info.
These could mostly be prevented by raising verification levels so new users have to wait 10 minutes before sending text messages but from what I heard most people think that's an annoying feature.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
An easy to look up public record >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> discord or IMs

Back when I used to accept steam friend requests from people I banned, this was common:
Also if someone has a prior unban but no appeal thread for that unban I'll probably assume that admin made a mistake and not count it as a prior.

As for reports on discord most of them are people who enter for five seconds to say "theres a problem on the 2fort server!!!!!!!! hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and then immediately disconnect with no other info.
These could mostly be prevented by raising verification levels so new users have to wait 10 minutes before sending text messages but from what I heard most people think that's an annoying feature.

Absolutely agree - as I said, for simple things it's not an issue.
I would absolutely agree to a 10 minute wait before sending messages.

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor

It is very annoying. (verification)

Last edited:

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
For example, having a 10 minute restriction lowers the chance that the person will want to stay on the discord,depending on how patient they are.
If they weren't patient enough to wait 10 minutes to use the discord they probably weren't gonna stay long anyway.
Bet they just came in to report people/appeal.

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
you know if it's a problem for people to come and say there's a problem on X server and then leave immediately, if that causes a problem for admis or other people trying to figure out what it is you could just make a general rule that says that if you're going to report something that you are expected to stay long enough for an admin to respond. But I don't think that will happen either