Isil

Epic Skial Regular
so some of you might have seen my "Stuttering Issues" thread

I did some investigation because I thought my RAM might be corrupted or some shit, but it wasn't, which was pretty cool.

I also learned about System Idle Process and discovered that after reading up about it, having a high % is good, and having a low % is bad.

mine is 0.

It is always 0. Which means my processor literally has no idling time, which is quite bad, from what I've read. Unfortunately, researching this on Google and shit has netted me absolutely no explanations as to what to do for a computer that is experiencing zero idling time.

any input, anyone? I recently cleaned the inside of my tower to no avail. I may take an air duster to it later.

edit:

i am dumb nothing to see here

Sir Gooch P Tigglington

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
If your idle process is zero, something else will be using up CPU cycles. Have you checked your performance monitor? It's in task manager and shows processes that you won't normally see in task manager.

Isil

Epic Skial Regular
I may have been reading the System Idle Process process wrong

yeah... I just realized I did. It's fucking 95% (which is optimal)

let me see if I can't delete this thread and figure out what's really up with my computer.

Don't ask me why I thought the I/Os were reflecting current CPU idling percentage

Roman

Banned
Contributor
You could always find a local technician to take it to.
The joke here is that I am a technician and we live in the same city.

Isil

Epic Skial Regular
hahaha. I might. I'm afraid that you'll just be like "sorry bro, your motherboard is fucked" and then not be able to afford a new one. My computer is almost laptop-like in that its insides are all stubborn.

I'm probably going to try a full system restore, but I'm dreading redownloading everything.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
There are ways around motherboard-related issues. I have to breathe life into carcasses all day.

Also, probably not a motherboard-related issue. What anti-virus do you use?

Isil

Epic Skial Regular
malwarebytes

I combofixed my computer a couple of days ago as well, the occasional stalling still persists

also ran a couple of full drive scans with Malwarebytes

Both Combofix and Malwarebytes didn't find anything. Temperatures in the core are fine, except AUX, but I read that that particular temperature reading is kind of useless and doesn't really apply to anything, and it isn't as high as I've seen it in other readings (it's only 75-80 Celsius)