• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Assault Potato {G.E.W.H}

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Before this happened I had 5000+ ap, I joined a skial 24/7 hightower & tried to use the unusual command that gives hats any unusual effects you want, when I tried to use the command it said in chat "You must donate to use this command", I looked at my ap and I only had about 3000 ap. That is 2000 less ap than I normally have. So if a administrator or someone knows what's wrong or how to fix this please tell me, would really appreciate ^.^

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
Before this happened I had 5000+ ap, I joined a skial 24/7 hightower & tried to use the unusual command that gives hats any unusual effects you want, when I tried to use the command it said in chat "You must donate to use this command", I looked at my ap and I only had about 3000 ap. That is 2000 less ap than I normally have. So if a administrator or someone knows what's wrong or how to fix this please tell me, would really appreciate ^.^
Have you played on the servers everyday? Your ap gradually decays if I remember correctly.

Reactions: KinCryos

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

You lose 5% of your Australium points per day.
If you had 5,000 - it would take 10 days to get to 3,000.

TheMiningAlex

so eventually there is a cap of how many austrailiam points you can maintain. but it has to be pretty high

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
so eventually there is a cap of how many austrailiam points you can maintain. but it has to be pretty high
yep. and a theoretical limit cannot easily be determined since there are some dynamic factors that go into earning AP (such as playing on low-population servers)

highest current AP holder is at nearly 43.6K

TheMiningAlex

theoretically if you play on a server that always has less than 14 people and you get around 250 ap per hour for seeding and a few ap for playtime and you play 6 hours a day you can maintain a minimum of 33000 ap. but thats only using basic math and estimates as i dont know the real numbers.

Kael

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I have this happen all the time. Just yesterday I had close to 7k and today I have around 4k. Usually at the end of the day of play, I have around 6-8k and the next day (10 or so hours later) I only have about 4k. Not sure why but I'm assuming it's just some bug in the system or some hidden function we don't know about.

Fairnessplease

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll

Dolph1n

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
theoretically if you play on a server that always has less than 14 people and you get around 250 ap per hour for seeding and a few ap for playtime and you play 6 hours a day you can maintain a minimum of 33000 ap. but thats only using basic math and estimates as i dont know the real numbers.
You'd also factor in killing bots. Something like .25 to 1 point per bot kill, and half that for bot assists.

Fairnessplease

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Yes in a appropriate way he is asking if you kill bots, you get more ap points. This is a good thing, and this is particularly why. Think about it, if you get more ap points, people would love to be in the server! Therefore, if there are bots, more people are be in the server to get more ap points! This is pretty neat and awesome to show tactic to get more people to play in the server in a way.

Thank you.