Lost 390000 credits due to betting; however, I was the one who won

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by EZPZLMNSQYZ, Jun 19, 2018.

1. EZPZLMNSQYZ

EZPZLMNSQYZ Uncharitable Spy Contributor

Steam:

So I was on the skial deathrun EU server, bet 390000 on myself (death), won the round... but lost the credits? Plez halp.

2. EZPZLMNSQYZ

Steam:

H e l l o ?

3. KinCryos

KinCryos TF2 Admin Contributor Mapper

Steam:

so if I understood you right, you bet 390K credits that you would die, and you ended up winning the round?

4. EZPZLMNSQYZ

Steam:

I bet that death would win, and I was death.

5. EZPZLMNSQYZ

Steam:

"Death" is the term used for the player who has to try and kill the others.

6. KinCryos

Steam:

sorry, never knew that.
    in the US server, we just call him "Hale"

7. EZPZLMNSQYZ

Steam:

Ahh ok, I can understand that due to his model. Death is mainly used in the GMod Deathrun servers, sorry for the confusion.

8. KinCryos

Steam:

I feel like a derp for not realizing that it would make perfect sense, especially since I knew Deathrun originated as a GMod gamemode.

anyway, by "lost the credits", did you mean your net gain was zero (the credits you bet were simply returned), or did you mean that the 390K credits you bet went into the ether?

9. EZPZLMNSQYZ

Steam:

The 390k was simply swallowed up. I started the round with near 400k credits, bet 390k, won, and ended with 5000 credits

10. Meowcenary

Meowcenary TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

Are you positive you bet on the right team color?

11. EZPZLMNSQYZ

Steam:

Absolutely positive, as I typed !bet 390000. When doing so, it auto bets for the team you are on.

12. Meowcenary

Meowcenary TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

I told Bottiger about this thread on Discord, we'll get back to you in a bit when he gets on. He might be able to figure out what happened

13. Bottiger

Bottiger Administrator

Steam:

We can't do anything about it unless you have a demo.

We don't record videos of the servers 24/7 and if the betting plugin didn't detect that you won, then logging wouldn't have helped.

I would refrain from making large bets as we can't guarantee you will get credits back if the server crashes or can't reach the database. I don't have the time to make a crash proof credit system. That's something that banks pay dozens of people to make.

At the very least you should have recorded a demo before doing such a large bet.

14. EZPZLMNSQYZ

Steam:

rip, ok. Thanks for the help though!

15. Bottiger

Bottiger Administrator

Steam:

Who were the people who bet against you? Did they get any credits? Which map was this on?

I have checked the logs for crash or connection issues and none of those happened yesterday.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice