• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

VANTABLACK

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
I like your !items. I'm not sure how you get away with it, valve must really not care anymore, but I like it.

However, I came here to post a small complaint. The effects are fine but when they are allowed across the middle of the body in duplicate and spread out so far it's quite distracting. You can't tell what color team they are on. Also, if you're standing next to a teammate who has the effect(s) it's quite blinding.

It would be nice if effects couldn't be assigned in this way.

RenZ

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
You can turn off hats and effects in the /ll menu.

Maybe there should be a disable effects separate from the turn off hats? Those huge effects just make sniping easier.

VANTABLACK

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
Thanks for your reply.

If I turn off effects will it turn off only server side effects but still allow legitimate unusuals?

VANTABLACK

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
I tried the hide wearables option and that removed everything, everything... Hats, misc, effects. There were headless pyros and legless demos everywhere.

I didn't see a way to hide only effects.

Maybe there should be a way to disable the mod altogether?

Bottiger

Administrator
I like your !items. I'm not sure how you get away with it, valve must really not care anymore, but I like it.

We are only doing this because other communities have been abusing this for as long as 2 years, during which we have lost countless players.

After emailing Valve and waiting months without a reply, we just assumed it was allowed now and went ahead and made our own version which is much better than anything out there.

There is unfortunately no way to hide only particles for certain players.

VANTABLACK

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
We are only doing this because other communities have been abusing this for as long as 2 years, during which we have lost countless players.

After emailing Valve and waiting months without a reply, we just assumed it was allowed now and went ahead and made our own version which is much better than anything out there.

There is unfortunately no way to hide only particles for certain players.

I wasn't criticizing the mods existence, for the record. I was just pointing out how things have changed.

I didn't think there would be a way to hide them for certain players but is it possible to get a way to disable the mod altogether? So things work as they would any other server.

Bottiger

Administrator
Why would we disable it after spending so much time making it and seeing a lot of people like it?

VANTABLACK

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
This is what I said in my first post.
I came here to post a small complaint. The effects are fine but when they are allowed across the middle of the body in duplicate and spread out so far it's quite distracting. You can't tell what color team they are on. Also, if you're standing next to a teammate who has the effect(s) it's quite blinding.

It would be nice if effects couldn't be assigned in this way.

Then speaking with another user it seems what I was looking for was unavailable. The next question I had, which made sense to me, was is there a way to disable it. It wouldn't hurt anything and I wasn't disrespecting the work that went into the mod. I've played on skial for 9 years according to my stats but I included a poll in my thread because I don't act like I'm representing anyone other than myself.

My options are to deal with it or play somewhere else. I decided (today) to donate, whether or not there is a satisfying outcome to my complaint. I spoke my piece, thank you for your replies.