Perwild

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I had posted back in September about looking for a new laptop, I didn't buy anything and I sat at it for a while because i'm that indecisive when it comes to buying a laptop.

the link is HERE

trying to be firm I decided to go to Frys Electronics and buy THIS

I did not want to post on there so that i didn't necro post.

Anyways, I bought the Toshiba linked yesterday and i'm already regretting it, Apparently you can't downgrade to windows 7 which is what I want to do and having the 1TB of space seems to be slowing down the laptop, like i haven't even doing anything the it's extremely slow already. I can return it and get something else which is what i'm thinking about doing.

Any Suggestions would be awesome.
My budget has increased to about 950
It would be multi purpose/programming.
RAM: 17gb
Size 15 Inch
PROCESSOR: I5

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I had posted back in September about looking for a new laptop, I didn't buy anything and I sat at it for a while because i'm that indecisive when it comes to buying a laptop.

the link is HERE

trying to be firm I decided to go to Frys Electronics and buy THIS

I did not want to post on there so that i didn't necro post.

Anyways, I bought the Toshiba linked yesterday and i'm already regretting it, Apparently you can't downgrade to windows 7 which is what I want to do and having the 1TB of space seems to be slowing down the laptop, like i haven't even doing anything the it's extremely slow already. I can return it and get something else which is what i'm thinking about doing.

Any Suggestions would be awesome.
My budget has increased to about 950
It would be multi purpose/programming.
RAM: 17gb
Size 15 Inch
PROCESSOR: I5
What makes ya thing you can't downgrade?
And uh.. how does having 1tb of space slow the laptop down?

Perwild

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
What makes ya thing you can't downgrade?
And uh.. how does having 1tb of space slow the laptop down?

Hi sorry, I meant the laptop is slower due it not being a SSD making the processor work more.

From what I read, and from trying, I can't seem to downgrade the OS to windows 7, it simply wont allow me.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Hi sorry, I meant the laptop is slower due it not being a SSD making the processor work more.

From what I read, and from trying, I can't seem to downgrade the OS to windows 7, it simply wont allow me.
Ah I see what you mean.

But what have you tried when trying to downgrade? Pretty sure you can do it just fine if you boot a Windows 7 setup disk while turning your laptop on you should be able to just custom install it over your Windows 10 installation.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
1. The size of hard drive has nothing to do with the slowness. The speed, however, does. Your laptop has 5400RPM so the slowness is not surprising.
2. You will not be able to downgrade to Win7 from Win10 without buying retail key for Win7 and re-installing OS (in my opinion it's not worth it) . And you'll have hard times finding decent laptop with OEM Win7 now. I don't see though why you don't like Win10 so much.
3. What is your exact budget?

Perwild

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
1. The size of hard drive has nothing to do with the slowness. The speed, however, does. Your laptop has 5400RPM so the slowness is not surprising.
2. You will not be able to downgrade to Win7 from Win10 without buying retail key for Win7 and re-installing OS (in my opinion it's not worth it) . And you'll have hard times finding decent laptop with OEM Win7 now. I don't see though why you don't like Win10 so much.
3. What is your exact budget?

I don't like WIN10 for various interface moves that windows had made

My budget is between 800 USD to about 1,000 USD

tommytrant20

Unremarkable User
For now though is a normal office worker also was incorrect multiplier implementation of multitasking is i7 better than i5