• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Antari0

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Hey, guys. Need your help. What do you think about this laptop: I5 4210U, GeForce840m, 8 GB ram. Will it run TF2 on 80-100 FPS? My mate is selling this one for $360 right now and I need a laptop that will run TF2, cause I need time and money to build a new PC. Thank you!

Reactions: Morshu

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This is just me but if I were looking for a decent gaming laptop, I'd at least go for an i7 and 1050 with at minimum, 8GB of RAM. But that's my standards.

For the specs you listed, I'm not 100% sure but TF2 is pretty old so with those specs, you should be fine. There was a website that would run your specs and see if it could run a certain game but for the life of me, I can't remember that site.

Antari0

This is just me but if I were looking for a decent gaming laptop, I'd at least go for an i7 and 1050 with at minimum, 8GB of RAM. But that's my standards.

For the specs you listed, I'm not 100% sure but TF2 is pretty old so with those specs, you should be fine. There was a website that would run your specs and see if it could run a certain game but for the life of me, I can't remember that site.
Probably you are talking about https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri Well, yeah, I think that it will show me, but I need to know if there will be 80-100 FPS, casue I don't have an opportunity to test mate's laptop. But thank you for your help!

Reactions: Renegade

Flamboyant Flamingo

Mildly Menacing Medic
Its all about the GPU fam. My old PC had a shit CPU, but could still run using integrated at 60fps on the lowest settings. If you want to go higher you need to use something a bit better.

Antari0

Well I will go higer, cause I want to build a new PC, but I need a something to play TF2 for a some time, cause I need to earn money. But thanks for help too, mate!

Morshu

Truly Feared Pyro
The cpu has only 2 cores and it could be a bit problematic in 2018. The gpu is nothing special, but overall it's enough to run tf2. Building a pc would be a better idea though.

Antari0

The cpu has only 2 cores and it could be a bit problematic in 2018. The gpu is nothing special, but overall it's enough to run tf2. Building a pc would be a better idea though.
I need it only for TF2 and a little bit for Portal 2, cause I will play co-op with friends. Agree that a new PC will be a good idea.