Laptop for TF2

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Antrari0_, Feb 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Antrari0_

Antrari0_ Somewhat Threatening Sniper

Steam:

Hey, guys. Need your help. What do you think about this laptop: I5 4210U, GeForce840m, 8 GB ram. Will it run TF2 on 80-100 FPS? My mate is selling this one for $360 right now and I need a laptop that will run TF2, cause I need time and money to build a new PC. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Renegade

Renegade Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

This is just me but if I were looking for a decent gaming laptop, I'd at least go for an i7 and 1050 with at minimum, 8GB of RAM. But that's my standards.

For the specs you listed, I'm not 100% sure but TF2 is pretty old so with those specs, you should be fine. There was a website that would run your specs and see if it could run a certain game but for the life of me, I can't remember that site.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Antrari0_

Steam:

Probably you are talking about https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri Well, yeah, I think that it will show me, but I need to know if there will be 80-100 FPS, casue I don't have an opportunity to test mate's laptop. But thank you for your help!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Flamboyant Flamingo

Flamboyant Flamingo Mildly Menacing Medic

Steam:

Its all about the GPU fam. My old PC had a shit CPU, but could still run using integrated at 60fps on the lowest settings. If you want to go higher you need to use something a bit better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Antrari0_

Steam:

Well I will go higer, cause I want to build a new PC, but I need a something to play TF2 for a some time, cause I need to earn money. But thanks for help too, mate!

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Windows95

Windows95 Somewhat Threatening Sniper

Steam:

The cpu has only 2 cores and it could be a bit problematic in 2018. The gpu is nothing special, but overall it's enough to run tf2. Building a pc would be a better idea though.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Antrari0_

Steam:

I need it only for TF2 and a little bit for Portal 2, cause I will play co-op with friends. Agree that a new PC will be a good idea.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice