JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
Hoping someone has a solution for me as i am totally stumped. I have a Logitech MK320 wireless keyboard. OVer the past few weeks it has been doing what you see with the first word of this sentence. It capitalizes the first 2 letters. I know for a fact that it`s not my doing this as i have gone slower and it still does it. Things i have tried:

Replace batteries with fresh ones
MAde sure keys are not sticking, and they are spotless
Un installed the drivers and reinstalled
Punched the keyboard with a book

Any suggestion are a help as i am stumped, maybe someone else has seen this before?

Thanks for reading.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
:p

Try the following taking at least 1 second of interval between steps:
  1. Press the left "Shift" key and hold it.
  2. Keeping the left "Shift" key pressed type the first letter;
  3. Release the left "Shift" key and type the second letter.
Did it type two letters in the upper-case? If it did, try the following:
  1. Press the right "Shift" key and hold it.
  2. Keeping the right "Shift" key pressed type the first letter;
  3. Release the right "Shift" key and type the second letter.
Problem's still there? If it's not - the issue is with your left Shift key which might've gotten the electrical schema's layout burnt or something.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
:p

Try the following taking at least 1 second of interval between steps:
  1. Press the left "Shift" key and hold it.
  2. Keeping the left "Shift" key pressed type the first letter;
  3. Release the left "Shift" key and type the second letter.
Did it type two letters in the upper-case? If it did, try the following:
  1. Press the right "Shift" key and hold it.
  2. Keeping the right "Shift" key pressed type the first letter;
  3. Release the right "Shift" key and type the second letter.
Problem's still there? If it's not - the issue is with your left Shift key which might've gotten the electrical schema's layout burnt or something.

I did that and it did NOT do double capital letters. I also tried holding it for longer, pressing harder and it still didn't do the double caps. Perhaps i am just typing too fast. It is tough to tell because it never did it before but did start a couple weeks ago. It is funny because i am an "index chicken pecker" but can go as fats as someone who types normally.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The simplest answer is normally the right one, which is to say the keyboard is fucked probably.

If Psycho's suggestion didn't fix it, and the above things you've done haven't, I can't honestly see what else it could be. Wireless Keyboards are kinda wonky in the first place which is why many people won't use them.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
This thing is maybe 4 months old, maybe i'll go buy another one and see if it still does it. If it does then i guess it IS me. Also the receiver for it is maybe a foot away from the KB.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Off topic, but buy a wired one. there better and you don't need batteries

Sir Gooch P Tigglington

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
crayola-keyboard.jpg

I pwn all the bitches with this shit

Reactions: Isil

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
Hoping someone has a solution for me as i am totally stumped. I have a Logitech MK320 wireless keyboard. OVer the past few weeks it has been doing what you see with the first word of this sentence. It capitalizes the first 2 letters. I know for a fact that it`s not my doing this as i have gone slower and it still does it. Things i have tried:

Replace batteries with fresh ones
MAde sure keys are not sticking, and they are spotless
Un installed the drivers and reinstalled

Any suggestion are a help as i am stumped, maybe someone else has seen this before?

Thanks for reading.