sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Kaiju are giant ass monsters. Anything from CGI to 2 guys wrestling in rubber suits, discuss them here. Gamera, Godzilla, Pacific Rim, anything goes. Maybe king kong, if you want. I know this is mainly a movie medium, but monsters bleed into nearly everything. Comics, Figures, TV. Just

http://cinemassacre.com/category/moviereviews/monstermadness/monster-madness-2008/ if you need a quick catch up on all the godzilla movies. He does a "monster madness" every year, but it's more of just a general halloween movies thing. They're still good watches, great for background noise.

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
Pacific rim was pretty amazing. I saw it IMAX 3D, one day before its actual release. I got this really cool concept art poster with it. I need to buy it on DVD.
Fuck you. I went with a friend opening day to IMAX 3D with the specific point of getting that poster and they were all out. So now we're enemies.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Which godzilla movie should i start from after just getting into the movies.
There are a few groups

First 3

Gritty, "godzilla is evil" black and white ones. Very good, don't hold up so well today.

I recommend the first 2. 3rd isn't bad, but you have to watch the first 2.

50s-70s

Guy in a suit, hero godzilla. Most godzilla are just suits, but these movies didn't keep it subtle at all. These movies were very kid based. A lot of basic wrestling.

I may make this sound bad, but trust me. Lots of good fun and cheese. This era has some very bad movies, but quite a few fun ones. Godzilla v Mechagodzilla is my favorite Godzilla movie of all time. Son of Godzilla and vs King Kong are both pretty good too.

80's - onward

Still rubber suits, but it isn't very obvious. More realistic. Probably the best the series has ever been. Slight cheese, a lot more serious. The human parts aren't nearly as boring, the plot is interesting, and the fights are awesome.

I'd recommend Godzilla vs Space Godzilla, Tokyo S.O.S, Godzilla vs Mecha King Ghidorah, and Godzilla final wars.

You have to watch a bit from all the eras, but stick with the newer ones if you're looking for good entertainment. I've also been strictly referring to the Toho ones. I'd list 2014 along in 80s -onward, as it is a good movie. We don't talk about 98.

Last edited:

Silver Ag

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
There are a few groups

First 3

Gritty, "godzilla is evil" black and white ones. Very good, don't hold up so well today.

I recommend the first 2. 3rd isn't bad, but you have to watch the first 2.
50s-70s

Guy in a suit, hero godzilla. Most godzilla safe just suits, but these movies didn't keep it subtle at all. These movies were very kid based. A lot of basic wrestling.

I may make this sound bad, but trust me. Lots of good fun and cheese. This era has some very bad movies, but quite a few fun ones. Godzilla v Mechagodzilla is my favorite Godzilla movie of all time. Son of Godzilla and vs King Kong are both pretty good too.

80's - onward

Still rubber suits, but it isn't very obvious. More realistic. Probably the best the series has ever been. Slight cheese, a lot more serious. The human parts aren't nearly as boring, the plot is interesting, and the fights are awesome.

I'd recommend Godzilla vs Space Godzilla, Tokyo S.O.S, Godzilla vs Mecha King Ghidorah, and Godzilla final wars.

You have to watch a bit from all the eras, but stick with the newer ones if you're looking for good entertainment. I've also been strictly referring to the Toho ones. I'd list 2014 along in 80s -onward, as it is a good movie. We don't talk about 98.
Guess i'll start from the first one to onward, mind giving me a list of the movies from oldest to newest, i don't know much about movies.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
8jzu4Lx.jpg
My Mecha G figure came in yesterday.

Destroyah, Godzilla 2005

Mechha Godzilla (1970's), Godzilla 1984