Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
With the release of the Jungle Inferno Update this Thursday, 5 maps in total are going to be extremely overplayed. All of which are currently listed on the workshop and on http://www.teamfortress.com/jungleinferno

The maps are:
  1. The King of the Hill map, Lazarus
  2. The Control Point map, Mossrock
  3. The Payload Race map, Banana Bay
  4. The Payload map, Enclosure
  5. The King of the Hill map, Brazil
With this kind of popularity, I believe Skial should make an early inclusion of these maps, either in certain rotation maps or their own dedicated Jungle Inferno servers. You guys should also subscribe to these maps, they're really cool! (also you wouldn't need to download the maps once the update comes out)

Last edited:

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Yeah I think this is a reasonably good idea.

We should do one of the following, in each geographical area (EU, LA, NY, TX):
  • Single server, all of the 6 new maps
  • Multiple servers, one for each of the 6 new maps
  • Three servers:
    • Jungle KOTH, for Lazarus & Brazil
    • Jungle CP, for Mossrock & Mercenary Park
    • Jungle PL, for Banana Bay & Enclosure

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Ah yes, it seems I've slipped and forgot the inclusion of Mercenary Park, I don't see a place to dl the map yet though so it's inclusion would need to be later but definitely present.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Ah yes, it seems I've slipped and forgot the inclusion of Mercenary Park, I don't see a place to dl the map yet though so it's inclusion would need to be later but definitely present.

Yeah I understood that you were saying we should get them early from the workshop.

Honestly the update will be out by Thursday probably - won't be too much of an early-bird window.

I wonder if Valve have made any changes to the workshop maps.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Yeah I think this is a reasonably good idea.

We should do one of the following, in each geographical area (EU, LA, NY, TX):

• Single server, all of the 6 new maps
    Multiple servers, one for each of the 6 new maps
    Three servers:

• Jungle KOTH, for Lazarus & Brazil
      Jungle CP, for Mossrock & Mercenary Park

Jungle PL, for Banana Bay & Enclosure
I like the idea of the 3 servers in each region running a semi-rotation.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
+1 for semi-rotation, I don't know if Bottiger will want to create new servers for them however.

Bottiger

Administrator
I have to warn everyone here not to get too excited.

We will of course try them out on servers that haven't been doing well. We won't be paying for new servers that will only last a month. It will probably be temporary and we will probably not be running every single map in every single region.

The track record of new maps have been very poor. There have been dozens of maps that Valve has made official since 2012, and I can only remember 2 that lasted more than a month. Doomsday, which died the instant it was removed from quickplay, and Suijin, which is barely hanging in there.

This is also the 2nd map update since "Meet Your Match" came out. The first one was Scream Fortress 2016 which emptied out community servers even though the new maps could be hosted. There is no more quickplay sending players to the new community maps like before.