Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Heyyya guys it's Deflip.

So I've been playing a lot of Jail Break recently (don't ask me why) and I ran into just a little problem with muted players who become wardens. Though muted, they can relay orders with the on-all-players-screen chat but the orders do not remain in chat. And some of them, who have been muted for so long, eagerly pump out orders too quickly and a lot of reds's can't back track what the orders were. On the few rounds I've played with muted wardens, the reds just get smashed before leaving cells.

Is there a possibility we can have a mute exception for any warden?

OR A newly suggested idea.
Could we just not have muted players become wardens?

Rate/Comment/Subscribe if you love wwaffles. ignore and you'll go to hell.

Last edited:

Randy

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Are you suggesting that muted players who become warden get unmuted? If so then -1. If you're suggesting that muted players be disallowed from becoming warden then +1

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Are you suggesting that muted players who become warden get unmuted? If so then -1. If you're suggesting that muted players be disallowed from becoming warden then +1
My answer would be exactly the same.

๖ۣۜRumX

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Are you suggesting that muted players who become warden get unmuted? If so then -1.
I agree, it may get out of hand since they might start "revenge spamming" due to being muted
On the other hand, muted players indeed shouldn't be allowed to become warden.

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
-1 for unmuting muted players to be warden
+1 for not allowing muted players to warden at all

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I agree, it may get out of hand since they might start "revenge spamming" due to being muted
if so, it's most likely a new rule would be added such as "if the Warden spams, it's an irrevokable freeday" or "if the Warden spams, whoever kills him wins the LR. Guards are allowed to kill him to prevent the LR from being given to anyone"

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
if so, it's most likely a new rule would be added such as "if the Warden spams, it's an irrevokable freeday" or "if the Warden spams, whoever kills him wins the LR. Guards are allowed to kill him to prevent the LR from being given to anyone"
It would rapidly turn into a clusterfuck.

I still think that muted wardens shouldn't be able to speak.
We're already having issues with muted wardens using csay chat to circumvent their mutes and be racist.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
+1 for muted players not being able to become warden. I also think they shouldn't even be allowed on the guard team while muted, since that causes problems as well.

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Is there a way to prevent only muted players from joining Blu? I don't know if that's something that would be coded into the Jailbreak plugin.

Reactions: Defibyoulater