• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE
Status
Not open for further replies.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
potential loophole: if a warden has to say x after every order, as per LR, and instead makes it a freeday, either by not giving out any orders or straight-up killing themselves, does that count as denying LR?

on one hand, the LR was wasted, but on the other hand, there weren't any orders to append x to.

also: suppose x was something that could be misconstrued as an additional order such as "and call for medic". are prisoners required to do it or are they free to ignore it?

Last edited:

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper
potential loophole: if a warden has to say x after every order, as per LR, and instead makes it a freeday, either by not giving out any orders or straight-up killing themselves, does that count as denying LR?

on one hand, the LR was wasted, but on the other hand, there weren't any orders to append x to.

also: suppose x was something that could be misconstrued as an additional order such as "and call for medic". are prisoners required to do it or are they free to ignore it?
LRs being wasted isn't LR denial, so it's fine. There are no orders, so the LR has no effect, but it's never been denied.

"and call for medic" could require some context. Prisoners cannot be forced to say X voicecommand lines.

No name

Scarcely Lethal Noob
What happens say if a person wants his lr to be "Every order must end with the sentence: Git r3kt, or it's invalid", but the warden gives orders without the ending and proceeds to kill everyone that doesn't obey his orders?

Is that lr denial?

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper
What happens say if a person wants his lr to be "Every order must end with the sentence: Git r3kt, or it's invalid", but the warden gives orders without the ending and proceeds to kill everyone that doesn't obey his orders?

Is that lr denial?
Yeah. It's LR denial aswell as (mass)freekilling.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor

Why didnt you just try it and then make a funny post about doing it?

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
qzgva.jpg

cleverbob

Unremarkable User
idk if this could be counted as a loop hole, but i was playing and the warden gave us a freeday. after we were far away from our cells the warden retracted the free day and told the guards to kill anyone out of cells.

♥CHOCO Waffle Squad♥

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Since the warden can only kill all if he is last alive on a freeday, could the warden just call fd, when he is the last alive on a normal round, just to then kill all the prisoners? Like a normal round has happened, its just you and a guard, but then the guard kills themself for whatever reason, for you to then call a freeday, and kill all the prisoners?

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
idk if this could be counted as a loop hole, but i was playing and the warden gave us a freeday. after we were far away from our cells the warden retracted the free day and told the guards to kill anyone out of cells.
I'd say it's a loophole, since when the warden canceled freeday, he didn't give the order for prisoners to return to their cells, much less give them enough time to do so

Dave

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
This question is meant for
Even though everybody's opinions are greatly appreciated but only need admin's input to have the final say.

This is a scenario that I have seen happening more often and need more defined answer. These two parts of the rules kind of conflict with each other.

First " The last red gets his or her last request (abbreviated as LR). The LR is granted to the last remaining red who has followed all of your instructions, and is not an existing freeday (either granted by the warden or as a part of the LR from the previous round)"

Second " After the LR is given, the warden has the option to grant all surviving reds (who are current freedays, LRs, or rebels) a free day; unless otherwise stated, all reds are KOS after the LR is granted."

Basic scenario without going into great detail"

Round starts, Warden grants LR, Warden gets all prisoners online close together, Warden says "Q" for LR, what's 2+2, One prisoner immediately gets it right, than warden asked what's your LR and then grants it. Than warden mass kills all the Reds on the line and state all reds kos after LR given.

What is to be done with this. I had a discussion player that has done this more than once and he refers to the rule that LR is granted so all reds kos, but I refer to the rule last red is granted LR.

Reactions: Meebas

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
It is an excuse to freekill. It clearly says the last red gets the LR. He is basically granting the first one of possible 20+ to answer the question right an LR, but that player is not the last of the red team.
I can understand you would ask a question for LR if you have 2 or 3 people left and you dont want to waste more time with another minigame, but that just sounds like an excuse to freekill and I would ask him to not do that anymore.
If the player refers to the rules not being clear enough you can tell him that the last person to find a loophole has been banned aswell. There really is no discussion here in my opinion.

PS: You need to add an @ in front of the name to tag people, I didn't see I was mentioned here until you told me in chat. I will now tag the other two that you mentioned.

@D3xus @Cream Tea

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
This question is meant for
Even though everybody's opinions are greatly appreciated but only need admin's input to have the final say.

This is a scenario that I have seen happening more often and need more defined answer. These two parts of the rules kind of conflict with each other.

First " The last red gets his or her last request (abbreviated as LR). The LR is granted to the last remaining red who has followed all of your instructions, and is not an existing freeday (either granted by the warden or as a part of the LR from the previous round)"

Second " After the LR is given, the warden has the option to grant all surviving reds (who are current freedays, LRs, or rebels) a free day; unless otherwise stated, all reds are KOS after the LR is granted."

Basic scenario without going into great detail"

Round starts, Warden grants LR, Warden gets all prisoners online close together, Warden says "Q" for LR, what's 2+2, One prisoner immediately gets it right, than warden asked what's your LR and then grants it. Than warden mass kills all the Reds on the line and state all reds kos after LR given.

What is to be done with this. I had a discussion player that has done this more than once and he refers to the rule that LR is granted so all reds kos, but I refer to the rule last red is granted LR.

@T-Wayne I don't really see anything here apart from a dick warden wanting a really short round. If the warden says "Question for LR" then the first person to answer it gets LR and that's LR granted for the round.

Edit: As for the mass killings I don't see anybody complain about it myself. Almost everybody else views it as "allowed, but a dick thing to do".

If we wanted to stop this @D3xus we could always make it so if there are more than three prisoners (Excluding rebels) alive then you can't kill everybody after the LR is granted and it will automatically be a freeday for all.

Last edited:

Whip_Cactus

Truly Feared Pyro
You may only kill if you are baited or are surrounded by 4 or more reds, until there are less than 4 reds surrounding you, at which point you should stop shooting.
Couple of things concerning this rule:

>Can someone clarify the meaning of baiting in this situation?

>Hypothetical loophole concerning the surrounding rule:
Warden orders all reds to "afk in a group with a space in the middle." The warden then jumping into the space and begins killing the reds surrounding him, when the reds move to stop surrounding him, he kills them as well, stating that "they are not afk, therefore they are kos." Technically the warden has broken no rules, but has killed all reds.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Couple of things concerning this rule:

>Can someone clarify the meaning of baiting in this situation?

>Hypothetical loophole concerning the surrounding rule:
Warden orders all reds to "afk in a group with a space in the middle." The warden then jumping into the space and begins killing the reds surrounding him, when the reds move to stop surrounding him, he kills them as well, stating that "they are not afk, therefore they are kos." Technically the warden has broken no rules, but has killed all reds.

Baiting, as far as I understand it - is when someone stands close to an enemy team mate, to tempt them into hitting them.

In my mind, the situation you have explained falls under:
No freekilling orders or orders that amount to freekill (e.g. ordering prisoners to go to Wipeout/Sweeper while the game is active)
...since it would result in the Red team all being killed.

Whip_Cactus

Truly Feared Pyro
Baiting, as far as I understand it - is when someone stands close to an enemy team mate, to tempt them into hitting them.

In my mind, the situation you have explained falls under:

...since it would result in the Red team all being killed.
Thanks for clarifying the baiting thing.

I don't think the situation falls under that rule, as the kills would not be freekills. One could easily say that many orders result in part or all of the red team being killed, and applying your logic, they would also fall under that rule.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I don't think the situation falls under that rule, as the kills would not be freekills. One could easily say that many orders result in part or all of the red team being killed, and applying your logic, they would also fall under that rule.

But this order is specifically made to kill everyone, therefore this wouldn't be allowed.

Whip_Cactus

Truly Feared Pyro
But this order is specifically made to kill everyone, therefore this wouldn't be allowed.
One could also argue that many,if not all, orders are specifically designed to kill people, but I understand what you mean, and I am probably just overthinking the whole situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.