Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Opinionated games like hat day and joke day were banned from Jailbreak (and understandably so) for freekilling and some other bad things

Some people miss them so I figure a compromise could work:

Opinionated games can be played but its a entirely optional game that prisoners can choose whether or not they want to partake of it.

Those who want to play can, those who don't want to play can be ordered by the warden to do something else.

Example: A warden on the minecraft map says they're going to do a joke day. Those who want to partake are told to go to the podiums, those who don't want to participate can be told to do Deathrun.

Freekilling in opinionated games can still happen (ex. on hat day a warden killing someone just because they dislike them and justifying it with "I didn't like their hat") however, this is why it would be entirely optional; those who are willing to take that risk can, those who aren't don't have to participate.

A CSS jailbreak server I played some years ago did this and it worked out quite well.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I honestly have no hope for that community. If we let it back in someone someway is going to abuse it first day.

Beetlejuice

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
I feel like the warden would just make everyone who didn't want to participate do minefield, wipeout, or some other deadly game. It is a good concept, but as Kyle said, people will just find ways around it to make it totally unfair.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
To follow up on what beetlejuice said, I think that there should be a list of available minigames that the warden can choose from.

The bad part is, there could be a warden that does not read the rules, so they would not know to split the people up, and that could create huge problems. Its also confusing to new players when they hop on jailbreak for the first time and they immediately have to decide whether or not to play the opinion game or not.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think what we're boiling down to with doing something like that..would be like what happened when skial enabled third person.

You're going to be dealing with a fuck ton more of reports of abuse, when abuse might not necessarily be happening. There's already enough drama with this mod, I don't think you need to introduce more complicated rules so people have more reason to complain.

I also think it's the same reason we don't allow any variation of the N word in the server. It's just too easy for people to try to weasel out of situations they do something wrong.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
What about an extra option on the votemenu that passes at like >50% and resets every round to "No"?
And a spare command to check its status, which can be used in demo reports if warden tries doing an opinionated game without the vote passing.

e.g.
"ogames" as a votemenu option
"!ogames" which returns a simple yes/no in chat

Reactions: Ryulise

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
What about an extra option on the votemenu that passes at like >50% and resets every round to "No"?
And a spare command to check its status, which can be used in demo reports if warden tries doing an opinionated game without the vote passing.

e.g.
"ogames" as a votemenu option
"!ogames" which returns a simple yes/no in chat
Then if a group of friends are on and they out number the rest of the server they can vote yes and use them to eliminate anyone they want.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If you guys feel its a problem I can retract the suggestion.

I only put this up because some people seemed upset about the removal of them, personally I don't have any strong feelings about it either way