MacBook Warrior

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Summary:
Issues with Hat and !hat command
Details:
I just recolored a Bill's Hat to Operator's Overalls while connected to the 2fort+ NY server, and now the hat isn't showing up when I play on that server. I can't see it, and using the !hat command with the hat in my loadout gives me an error ("Cannot find your hat").

I connected to another Skial server and I can see that hat there, but the !hat command has no effects (even though I don't get the "cannot find your hat error").​

Bottiger

Administrator
I went on idle and 2fort+ ny and the hat command works in both servers.

Maybe you used an invalid color or effect number. I know some of the effect numbers cause crashes, so others may cause other bugs.

Kael

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I presume you're talking about the bug I've experienced as well. I think it's just an issue with the mod itself.

When you use the command, it will occasionally state the command worked, but the effect will not be visible or the hat may visually disappear.

If you open your console, and use the kill command to respawn, and then use the hat command immediately after spawning it will work.

MacBook Warrior

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I really mashed two issues into one post. One is !hat command related, and I know it's been finicky for me in the past.

The other issue, independent from the !hat command, is that my hat isn't showing up on the server at all. Before even using the hat command, it just doesn't show up, even though it's in my loadout and shows up on other servers.

MacBook Warrior

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Hat's showing up now. Don't think anything's changed besides time passing.

Kael, your suggestion fixed the hat command.

Thanks!