Rick Sanchez

Mildly Menacing Medic
Hit box​
There are many issues on Skial Freak Fortress 2, specifically, hit boxes, as multiple models have many figure problems such as being too big or small. For example, Mario's hit box is nearly inaccessible from behind.
Hit boxes have a huge impact toward the team play style. This gives Hale the upper hand to win.
Hastune Miku
Hastune Miku has to much of a high velocity. By rage can you receive guillotines, which does enormous amount of damage. Another rage that is horrible is the "Thriller" rage. This rage has a long duration time until your able to escape. This Hale can deal with high damage when it is not needed since it has high velocity and over powered rages.This hale should be removed
Darth Vader​
Darth Vader's rage has to much of a high radius occurring during his rage when he receives the "Flare Gun". The radius should be lowered or be removed from the Hale. This hale also can move faster and earn strength when he loses health. I think the rage speaks enough.
Handsome Jack
Handsome Jack's health decreases and gives him a huge advantage by strength. Handsome Jack "Super Jump" should be decreased because how high he can jump and how he can immediately drop.
Variety of Bosses
I think in my personal preference we should have more of a selection of Hales rather then OP hales. If you add bosses it can give a twist picking from more hales rather then few.
Mario
Mario has no really important issues accept his player model being to big and it being complex to hit him. This gives another upper hand rather to the hale.​

CallumDeGr8

Uncharitable Spy
+1
I haven't played Freak Fortress too much, however all of the times I have seen Darth Vader, his rage definitely does take the cake. I have seen it wipe out half of a full team in basically the first minute and it still almost killed me when I was quite a distance away. With me seeing more frequent issues about their general hitboxes and their abilities, I hope that someone is able to do something about this. I don't think that most of these issues are major, however the difficulty peak does increase between each character and it can make them much harder to beat than intended.

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
For Miku, although she is very hard to hit because of how small her hit box is and how fast she is, I think the low health balances that part out. As for the rage, the cleavers aren't the easiest things to aim with and the thriller rage is a must as Miku has no rage with a spook mechanic and this makes her vulnerable to sentries. Removing her won't be the best idea as she's one of the most played bosses on the server.
-1 for the Miku changes

Vader already had his rage nerfed as the chain lightning's damage got reduced and it hardly kills anyone anymore unless the player is under 100 health. As for the flare gun, in a previous thread Bottiger already mentioned in a previous suggestion that he was not able to reduce the damage radius of the flare gun. I think his rage is good as it is at the moment.
-1 for the Vader changes

I agree with a small reduction in the jump height for Jack.
+1 for the Handsome Jack change.

Too many bosses would make the download time for new players very long and this could result in them not playing in the server at all. I think having a maximum of 25 bosses in the server would be good.
+1 to adding a few more bosses.

Mario's hit box is completely broken in terms of his player model and we should get a new player model that fits with his hit box.
+1 to the Mario change.

White Moose

Positively Inhumane Poster
-1 for the whole thing.
most of the times people who want nerfs are bad players and want the gamemode watered down to appeal to the lowest common denominator of skill

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

dope

Truly Feared Pyro
-1 for the whole thing.
most of the times people who want nerfs are bad players and want the gamemode watered down to appeal to the lowest common denominator of skill

Sometimes this is case, but not for some of the points Rick points out. Mario is straight out broken in terms of player model same with handsome jacks jump height, its straight unfair.

Rick Sanchez

Mildly Menacing Medic
-1 for the whole thing.

There is unfair points in certain hales. Mario player model is currently way to big. You may be able to improvise but how could you when the Hale has a upper hand. There is multiple advantages to the Hale while the Team it's self doesn't have the same amount. Anyway it's not fair if the players don't have a advantage either.

Rick Sanchez

Mildly Menacing Medic
For Miku, although she is very hard to hit because of how small her hit box is and how fast she is, I think the low health balances that part out. As for the rage, the cleavers aren't the easiest things to aim with and the thriller rage is a must as Miku has no rage with a spook mechanic and this makes her vulnerable to sentries. Removing her won't be the best idea as she's one of the most played bosses on the server.
-1 for the Miku changes

Vader already had his rage nerfed as the chain lightning's damage got reduced and it hardly kills anyone anymore unless the player is under 100 health. As for the flare gun, in a previous thread Bottiger already mentioned in a previous suggestion that he was not able to reduce the damage radius of the flare gun. I think his rage is good as it is at the moment.
-1 for the Vader changes

Too many bosses would make the download time for new players very long and this could result in them not playing in the server at all. I think having a maximum of 25 bosses in the server would be good.

Mario's hit box is completely broken in terms of his player model and we should get a new player model that fits with his hit box.
+1 to the Mario change.
I currently have played multiple severs with 100+ hales. Although 25 is not enough I feel such as there should be more of a variety of hales instead of few. I have played multiple other severs and it was fun. I never had a problem waiting for a bit just for a few minutes, it may not even be a minute it just depends how your "Wifi" and how many hales there are. Dark Vader has to much of a big radius if you done game play you can take out nearly a whole team even the rage can take out a heavy with the after burn effect. Hastune Miku has to much cleavers although including the fact that it's complex to fight when your just standing still and dancing. If you wish to balance Hastune I would suggest removing it, decreasing amount of damage the cleaver does or health reduction.

Rick Sanchez

Mildly Menacing Medic
-1 for the Miku changes

-1 for the Vader changes

+1 to the Mario change.
Dark Vader has high radius, strength increase, speed increase and a lightning chain that can hit everyone no matter where they are. This does a enormous amount of damage you cant even survive at that certain extent from a chain lightning and Detonator blast even if your a heavy.

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper
Here's Miku's hitboxes:
nPXbsNR.png

XmR0gJp.png

Here's mario's (exactly the same as Engineer's, https://www.skial.com/threads/broken-hitbox-in-freak-fortress.70080/#post-708155)
7RTZwPF.png

I'm trying to fix miku's right now since I don't think anyone else is going to bother, but I don't know what to do with mario's. I can make the hitboxes bigger, but that would make him really weak against snipers.

Rick Sanchez

Mildly Menacing Medic

Bottiger

Administrator
I might be wrong on this but I think the hitbox is based on the underlying class (like engineer) and not how big the skin looks.

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper
Hatsune Miku:
Hard to do much better, but it's a huge improvement. https://mega.nz/#!f9oVyQAQ!CM6_XEXurVrs6DliDqo4pEVTnxf83QqXKrfGxXhLiGY Just replace miku with miku1 and rename paths that point to miku to miku1, like the cfg.

She's likely a bit easier to kill now aswell since your shots will actually be working.
0t2YNkF.png

q8e4ilb.png

wZKwFCA.png
Mario
Here's a comparison of both marios, the right one being reduced to 80% size from the original one, left.
U2FSQdc.png

However, whenever I save my hitbox changes, this happens:

dA3IoTG.png

Notice the huge gaps between hitboxes, specially arms and legs. I'm not sure what's causing this to happen, since my edits show a good version only to get saved into this regardless of what I do.

Last edited:

dope

Truly Feared Pyro
Hatsune Miku:
Hard to do much better, but it's a huge improvement. https://mega.nz/#!f9oVyQAQ!CM6_XEXurVrs6DliDqo4pEVTnxf83QqXKrfGxXhLiGY Just replace miku with miku1 and rename paths that point to miku to miku1, like the cfg.

She's likely a bit easier to kill now aswell since your shots will actually be working.
0t2YNkF.png

q8e4ilb.png

wZKwFCA.png
Mario
Here's a comparison of both marios, the right one being reduced to 80% size from the original one, left.
U2FSQdc.png

dA3IoTG.png

Notice the huge gaps between hitboxes, specially arms and legs. I'm not sure what's causing this to happen, since my edits show a good version only to get saved into this regardless of what I do.
Does this mean that the hitboxes/viewmodels are fixed? and is there anything you guys at Skial can do about the rages?

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper
Does this mean that the hitboxes/viewmodels are fixed? and is there anything you guys at Skial can do about the rages?
Mario isn't fixed, miku will be fixed when Bottiger changes the old model for mine. What's wrong with the viewmodels?

Rick Sanchez

Mildly Menacing Medic
Hatsune Miku:

0t2YNkF.png

q8e4ilb.png

wZKwFCA.png
Mario
U2FSQdc.png

dA3IoTG.png

[
Mario isn't fixed, miku will be fixed when Bottiger changes the old model for mine. What's wrong with the viewmodels?
Excuse me we are currently now having issues with Miku's player model, it shows a error once shown.